Powergear slide out problem 2008 model

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkdavis22

We are new to RVing and glad to find this board! Our 2008 Tourmaster's full wall slide is suddenly not working. Have tried all troubleshooting, fuse, breaker, etc. Would welcome ANY help or suggestions.

It's hard to diagnos without a live dialoge to troubleshoot but here are a few things that may help.

Tourmaster is made by Gulfstream which I believe is offers Coachnet, a 24 hour assitance program.  Look in you're owner's packet for the toll free number.  Otherwise, call 877.801.0333 for more info.

There are several things that can happen:

Did it every work?  I know this is elementary, but troubleshooting always starts with step 1
This system has an electric motor, when you press the extend button, do you hear the motor trying to work?
Are there any straps that lock the unit in place that need to be unlocked?  Again basic, but I've seen it.

Check out these things:
Most units need to have the leveling jacks on.
Most units need the parking brake engaged.
Some units need the leveling jacks engaged, however these are mostly hydraulic systems.
AND...the unit must be level, otherwise your trying to push a square box thru a elongated hole like a lopsided drawer in a dresser!

Hope this helps?

Back
Top Bottom