Preparing for first weekend trip.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kymedic

OK I am finally out of school and ready to get away for the weekend with the wife. In final preparations I went to Walmart to see if they might have a few things. To my surprise they had the sewer hose and adapters I needed, they also had a water pressure regulator, wheel chocks, binders for the safety chains, and a small fan for the bedroom. I think I have everything covered, if not, that's why we are camping close this first weekend, just in case I forget anything I can run to the store and get it.

Keep a notepad with separate lists for "Need," "Want," and "Might be nice to have."

Wendy

shoot i forgot sugar the first time out...........i drink mine black........so that made matters even worse with you know who  ;D.............and i don't how i forgot the sugar when we were both loading stuff :D...............but after 40 years........i'll take the hit ;)

Well,you can always unhook that trailer and go get what you need.How did you get that FEMA trailer by the way?Sounds like a good story ? ???

Had a great weekend. I got the Trailer from a lot in Alabama. Everything worked out great and the TT worked without any flaws. I am VERY happy with my purchase and after I add some tanks everything will be finished. Best thing was the price, $3400 for a brand new TT that had never been lived in.

kymedic said:
...In final preparations I went to Walmart to see if they might have a few things. To my surprise they had...

Actually, you will find that most Wal-Mart stores have a nicely stocked RV section - they won't have the high end stuff but all the basics will be there.

I forgot several things, some in the other motorhome, I forgot to move over.  The cable link that screws into the motorhome and the site.  I finally bought one and the last site had no cable!! The first night the lady at the park loaned us one.

A skillet, had everything else and NO skillet, jeez. Forgot to get the long lighter for the oven, couldn't get the pilot lit with a match, finally got one then decided not to cook in the oven the last night.

The end piece for the sewer hose, took one that didn't fit??  The hose I had wasn't very old and got a hole in it and leaked 3rd night, bought a new set at Walmart and I think someone had taken the piece I needed out of it.  But at least its 20 ft long, the other wouldn't have reached at the last place I camped, need to move that adaptor over I have.

Forgot my tire gauge, but not all bad, I got a good long truckers one I really like, keep it tucked under the top step inside, it has a recesed place, keep my gloves in there too.

I think unless you are like some of these fulltimers you will always forget something.

O i forgot many things but thats why this first trip was close to home and 6 miles from Wally world. I did have to go to Walmart and get a good flashlight and a few board games. All in all a great weekend.

Sam Walton was an avid life long RVer. That is why Walmart allows overnighters and that is why they have a nicely stocked RV section.

That's interesting and something I never heard before.  Educational place you've got here.

I read somewhere that Sam also liked to eat food, wear clothes, and drive a vehicle. That must be why WM stores have well stocked food, clothes and automotive sections. Given all the kids toys sold in WM, I wonder if Sam enjoyed his grandkids.

Glad to see something good came from that disaster(the tt). ;)Clever response Tom. ;D

[quote author=pedataa136]Clever response Tom.[/quote]

Wasn't trying to be a smartass, and apologies if I came across as such. I've read that story so many times and have never been able to validate its authenticity. Methinks someone made it up and spread the rumor. It sounds good, so folks fall for it over and over, and perpetuate the rumor  ???

Sam also liked TV dinners, and that's why Sam's Club sells microwave ovens  ;)

TV dinners and microwaves?  I'm old too Tom, but they don't call them TV dinners anymore.  Besides TV dinners were in aluminum trays - not good for microwaves.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Believe it or not there are other sources of information other than the Internet. I rented a DVD on Sam Walton's life and it showed several home movies of Sam and his family camping in their trailer. during the 50s and 60s.  He was most definitely a life long RVer.

Back
Top Bottom