Procedure for recharging/starting Motorhome after a year sitting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Replacing all those batteries gets expensive. You may be better off just parking it outside at your storage facility and using a solar panel setup to save your batteries like Isaac-1 mentioned. Less worrying as well

Bill

I've lost a set of chassis batteries twice now(!) when the RV has sat in storage too long.  I'm thinking about getting a battery maintainer to maintain the charge and (hopefully) preserve the batteries.  Does anyone have experience with using a maintainer for two 12V batteries in parallel? 

I'm considering the CTEK (56-864) MUS4.3 12 Volt Fully Automatic 8 Step Battery Charger
https://smile.amazon.com/CTEK-56-864-Automatic-Battery-Charger/dp/B006G14FK8

NCsleeves said:
I'm thinking about getting a battery maintainer to maintain the charge and (hopefully) preserve the batteries.  Does anyone have experience with using a maintainer for two 12V batteries in parallel? 

If the batteries are in the RV just connect the maintainer to ground and the primary 12V feed to the RV.  If the batteries are outside the RV, connect the batteries in parallel and connect the charger to the negative of one and positive of the other.  I maintain upwards of a dozen batteries at a time on a single float charger.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reggiejay1591
Back
Top Bottom