Propane connection question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RvShark

Hi All!

Here's a picture of our "new to us" 2017 Tiffin 32SA's propane connections. This is after the valve, but before the regulator. I believe this valve/connection/whatever it's called was added by previous owners. Does anyone know if that assumption is true, and also what exactly are these connections? I have a propane fire pit that I converted to a low pressure quick connection a number of years ago and it seems that this new coach doesn't have such a thing. Is that top valve just a standard propane connection like what a 20lb propane tank has? What's the smaller connection beneath it? I'm hesitant to mess with it before knowing a bit more. Thanks for any info or suggestions, as always!

-Mark

20230329_160556.jpg

A common term for it is an "Extend-a-Stay". It allows you to add an external propane tank or to connect high pressure propane devices.

41tA0KqguFL._AC_.jpg

Tom_M, where in the world did you get that image from? You hit the "Bingo" on that one! I'm impressed!

RV_Shark,
You said that connection is installed before the RV regulator. That means that line will be high pressure. You won't have to change anything there, but any appliance you attach to the line, be sure and use the original regulator that came with the device.

It was the first hit when I searched for Extend a Stay on Amazon.

Mine came with one too but sans hoses. I bought a hose kit and I find myself using grill tanks pretty regularly, like at home when the RV is a guest house and to avoid having to get the main tank filled when it's close to being empty. Definitely a useful accessory.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I use one of those to connect a 100lb. external tank in our SOuth Carolina Winters. Keep the onboard tank for when I need to go refill the 100 pounder.
It came with a hose kit (which is available separately on Amazon) and I have used the grill connection as well.

I used the Grill hose (i had 2 for 20 feet you can daisy chain em) frequently and the "Spare tank" (5') hose on a few occaions.. Very nice to have I considered it a good investment.
If you happen past Flint. Michigan I STILL HAVE THE HOSES (NOT for sale. For haul away) At least I think I do. Not shipping. Not selling Will hand 'em over.

Mine came with one too but sans hoses. I bought a hose kit and I find myself using grill tanks pretty regularly, like at home when the RV is a guest house and to avoid having to get the main tank filled when it's close to being empty. Definitely a useful accessory.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
I started out with 2 20lb grille tanks and I've graduated to carrying 3 30lb tanks. One of those normally stays hooked to my grille, but I have wintered in sites where it was cold enough to use all 3 tanks on the motor home.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom