Propane furnace making weird noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aziancook

Bought 2000 Springdale 5th wheeler model 275RK in 2022. First winter, furnace made no noise. Turned furnace on for the first time in a year and now it makes noise. It blows out hot air but there's a noise that wasn't there last year. I have a video of the sound but I can't find a way to upload it. It like a screeching kinda high pitching sound. Like an eeeeeeeee kinda sound. I don't know what's wrong. Please help

Bought 2000 Springdale 5th wheeler model 275RK in 2022. First winter, furnace made no noise. Turned furnace on for the first time in a year and now it makes noise. It blows out hot air but there's a noise that wasn't there last year. I have a video of the sound but I can't find a way to upload it. It like a screeching kinda high pitching sound. Like an eeeeeeeee kinda sound. I don't know what's wrong. Please help
Sometimes if if there’s too much propane pressure there can be a high pitched sound or it could be a bad bearing in the blower.

Aziancook,
Per Onyrlef, get the gas pressure checked. Two years old, I wouldn't expect a motor bearing, but it could be...
Matt_C

Does the noise start the instant the blower starts or like a few seconds later?
Instant.. Someting in the blower housing. Clean..
Cracked blower fan. Replace
Bearings on blower motor Replace
Later. (Likely a roaring sound)
Obstructed flame path May need cleaning
Burner orifice.. Likewise May need cleaning
Air Fuel Ratio may need adjustment.

If the noise starts immediately, then it is definitely the blower motor making the noise. That could be due to dry bearings but it is also possible that you have a mud dauber nest in the combustion chamber side of the blower. I have seen that cause a blower to squeal many times and dry bearing would probably be the second most common cause. If the furnace is the original one that increases the likelihood of dry bearings.

While it isn't a bad idea to have the propane supply pressure checked, in many years of RV experience I have never heard of that causing a furnace to squeal and if it did somehow do that it would not start until the propane valve opens, about 30 seconds after the blower turns on.

Back
Top Bottom