Propane Line Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobit

I am replacing the roof and quite a bit of interior work on a 1996 Fleetwood Wilderness (19' model).  I have pulled the fridge and doing something else with that area of the interior.  I just don't need the fridge and wanted the space and weight savings.

What should I do about the propane line?  Here is a photo of it here.  Do they make a threaded plug I can just use to replace the flexible line with?  The photo shows quite a bit more rust than my eyes saw but I haven't crawled under there for a proper inspection yet.  I am hoping it's just surface rust and I won't have to replace piping.

Attachments

• propane1.jpg
    propane1.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 46
That appears to be standard black iron pipe. If so, just get a plug of the appropriate size, most likely 1/2" or 3/8". Available at any hardware store or home center.

You could either plug the pipe like Water Dog said or plug the end of the copper pipe. The black iron pipe should be 1/2".  If you ever intend to sell your rig, you'll have a hard time without a fridge. I would remove the fridge, store it and make the least amount of changes possible to the space. Make it so that you could easily restore to factory condition.

Rene T said:
I would remove the fridge, store it and make the least amount of changes possible to the space. Make it so that you could easily restore to factory condition.
The fridge doesn't work.  I'm rebuilding the fridge space to make the camper more usable to me as I will be boondocking in it on my land for a couple years while I build my cabin.  I don't need a fridge in the camper as I have a chest freezer in my shed and an ice-box in my root cellar.  Once I build my cabin, I will be keeping the camper for when guests visit.

I'll cap the pipe as Water Dog suggested, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom