Put the O Back in Country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sunsetsoldier25

Have you heard the CD Electric Rodeo by Shooter Jennings? I had to come on here and rant about it.  My buddy made me listen to it on our trip through Cali. I didnt want to at first because he said it was Country music, but it really isnt.. its more Country/Rock and I really liked it. I got hooked to it and its all I have been listening to. My friend from work (UMVD) told me that Shooter is the son of the famous Waylon Jennings. I remember growing up listening to Waylon because my grandparents loved him. Have you heard any of the songs from Electric Rodeo? You can hear them at his website. Its pretty cool. I just had to come on here and talk about it.

sunsetsoldier25 said:
Have you heard the CD Electric Rodeo by Shooter Jennings? I had to come on here and rant about it.? My buddy made me listen to it on our trip through Cali. I didnt want to at first because he said it was Country music, but it really isnt.. its more Country/Rock and I really liked it. I got hooked to it and its all I have been listening to. My friend from work (UMVD) told me that Shooter is the son of the famous Waylon Jennings. I remember growing up listening to Waylon because my grandparents loved him. Have you heard any of the songs from Electric Rodeo? You can hear them at his website. Its pretty cool. I just had to come on here and talk about it.

Hi Sunsetsoldier:

Hmmmm. My taste in music is pretty broad -- tho there are some kinds I really don't like. I grew up playing trumpet so enjoy all types of music by famous trumpet players. Today, Chris Botti is one fine modern trumpet player that I could listen to all day. However, I am also a big fan of classic country. I'm and "older guy" and grew up in central Kentucky. Am really not into a lot of the newer country singers.

I've also think it a bit unfair when the son or daughter of a famous singer -- or actor/actress, gets a heads up because of their name. There are exceptions in that some turn out to be really talented. One that comes to mind is Hank Williams Jr.  I'm not a big fan of his, but can understand why others are. I "do" wonder if he had changed his name if he would have been as successful.

Anyway -- I downloaded Shooter's , "Put The O Back in Country", and was not very impressed. But again, I am in a different generation and enjoy music coming from an artist that has something unique going for them. Waylon Jennings had a unique voice and style, as did Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline. And, of course as do Willie, Merle, Dolly, George Jones, Charley Pride and so on. Shooter, to me, has a very thin voice. If he sang under a different name than Jennings without an instrumental background I would doubt he would get far as an American Idol.

But then -- I also like spinach, so what do I know ?  ;)

Jim Johnson said:
But then, look how far you have ridden your resemblance to Kenny ::)

Have you seen Kenny lately? Bob doesn't look like him anymore. Jay Leno has been telling a lot of jokes about Kenny's looks lately. Kenny looks like he went to amateur night at the plastic surgeons.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
Have you seen Kenny lately? Bob doesn't look like him anymore. Jay Leno has been telling a lot of jokes about Kenny's looks lately. Kenny looks like he went to amateur night at the plastic surgeons.

Isn't that the truth !! Saw him on American Idol and couldn't figure out who it was. I never thought he needed plastic surgery....pretty fine looking before but now...ick.

Jim Johnson said:
But then, look how far you have ridden your resemblance to Kenny ::)

You make a good point, Jim.? Actually, my friends (and neighbors kids) pushed me into the contests and not telling the drunks in Reno who I really was.? :)

Funny thing happening now that Kenny is losing his hair -- plus I didn't know he had plastic surgery. Several people in AZ and Texas recently told me that I look more like Kenny than Kenny does. Hmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom