Quality and Reliability of Travel Trailers and attempting to make a future purchase..help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 1/2 ton with 1735 payload so how is a 3/4 ton going to be as low as 1500?

Truck payloads vary wildly within designations, depending on how they are equipped. The old "half ton, 3/4 ton, and 1 ton" monikers are remnants of long past era. A "half ton" truck should have a payload of 1000 lbs, a "3/4 ton" 1500 lbs, and a "one ton" 2000 lbs....if we're to believe those designations. That went away a very long time ago.

Today, trucks can be configured various ways for various jobs. Ford offers a "payload package" on the F150 that increases payload considerably.

Obviously, there's a lot more to the towing picture than just payload, but you get the picture.

Truck payloads vary wildly within designations, depending on how they are equipped. The old "half ton, 3/4 ton, and 1 ton" monikers are remnants of long past era. A "half ton" truck should have a payload of 1000 lbs, a "3/4 ton" 1500 lbs, and a "one ton" 2000 lbs....if we're to believe those designations. That went away a very long time ago.

Today, trucks can be configured various ways for various jobs. Ford offers a "payload package" on the F150 that increases payload considerably.

Obviously, there's a lot more to the towing picture than just payload, but you get the picture.
If I have a base model 1/2 ton that has over 1700 I do not believe any newer 3/4 ton pickup will have less than that.

I have a 1/2 ton with 1735 payload so how is a 3/4 ton going to be as low as 1500?
Because that is what the manufacturer website said as as low as 1500 to up to 3000 DEPENDING ON the exact model. Since you did not bother to give a payload capacity I decided to be helpful and tell you that could be a possibility. Btw how much is 3/4 of a ton

Because that is what the manufacturer website said as as low as 1500 to up to 3000 DEPENDING ON the exact model. Since you did not bother to give a payload capacity I decided to be helpful and tell you that could be a possibility. Btw how much is 3/4 of a ton
I looked at the specs for a 2018(not sure what year they have but checked this thinking it might be fairly new) and the payload starts at 2943 and goes up to 3543.

3/4 ton is 1500 lbs and 1/2 is 1,000 so that would mean my truck only has 1,000 right even though it is over 1700?

I am done sorry I tried to help. BYE BYE
It is great that you are trying to help but you said their payload could be as low as 1500 lbs when after looking at the OP they stated it is a 2022 2500 with a Duramax and the lowest payload for that year 2500 starts at over 3500 lbs which is over twice that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom