Quality picnic tablecloth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BinaryBob

Moderator Emeritus
Help folks!
The Queen is tired of those cheap vinyl disposable tablecloths and would like something of better quality that will last longer.
The only alternative I can find are cloth-backed. These seem like they would get stained and smell over time. Am I wrong?
Anything else out there that you use and like?

We also got frustrated with the vinyl and decided they were more trouble than they are worth.  Plus, my lovely bride thought they just looked "ugly" (woman's POV).

We've been using a cloth one for a while now and just wash it as necessary.  Considering it's used only on picnic tables and most of those not in the best of shape the cloth one has served us well and still looks great.  Also, we find the cloth one stays in place better.

They don't cost much so go ahead and give it a try and see if y'all like it better.  Not much to lose.

JYSK (Canadian store) carries a "by the metre" table cloth that is like a cloth infused with plastic... I am currently using one of those felt back, cheap, plastic topped things too.... hate it!!

I want to get measurements and go back to give this product a go....
Not sure if you have JYSK in the US... but, maybe a craft store would have a better product available by the yard.. like the cloth shower curtain material?.. maybe, get one of those at IKEA and see if that will work.. a little sewing and it could work too....

Good luck with your search....
Happy Wife, Happy Life

My farmers market table I use an old fitted sheet.... the elastic hugs the cloth to the table so it doesn't fly away.... also, an "outside the box" option

Thank you for the ideas!
I ended up at Bed Bath & Beyond and bought an "indoor / outdoor" tablecloth made of 100% polyester.
Marked at $34.99 with 70% off.
No cotton backing. No vinyl.
Hope this holds up!

Back
Top Bottom