Quartzsite RVForum 2008 Rally - Info/SignUp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL Jeff, at least it wasn't you wearing the jock strap in the photo.

Poor old Sad Sack.  Civilization finally caught up with him.  One by one the old Quartzsite (ahem) experiences (ahem) go by the wayside.  Personally, I'm glad they're forcing him to cover up a bit.  He's not exactly beefcake material.  ::)

Margi

Bob,

Since you are adding to the list, please add us: Tim and Marsha Lassen/CA.  We are not sure when we will get there; nor are we sure when we will leave.  Kinda depends on what is happening with the house being built.

Marsha~

Bob,

Please add Shirley and Rolf Salhus (from Minnesota) to the list of attendees for the QZ rally.  Right now it looks like we'll be there on Jan 19th.  Looking forward to it.  Also, we're playing a new board game this year called Aggravation.  Mexican Train is out, Aggravation is in.  We're taking on all comers.  :p

- Rolf

Still trying to talk the Boss into a camper  but will be out there during the day once or twice.

rsalhus said:
Bob,

Please add Shirley and Rolf Salhus (from Minnesota) to the list of attendees for the QZ rally.  Right now it looks like we'll be there on Jan 19th.  Looking forward to it.  Also, we're playing a new board game this year called Aggravation.  Mexican Train is out, Aggravation is in.  We're taking on all comers.   :p

- Rolf

Count us in if you teach us the rules and if you make popcorn !!

Wendy

Hate to report that the Cassidy's won't make it this year :(.  Other obligations are more important, and we will miss Betty's newcommer presentation!  Next Year is another year tho!  We Will Be Back!
Mike & Rene

Jeannine & Dan, Tim & Marsha, Shirley & Rolf -- great to read that you will be with us in Quartzsite!! Have updated the attendee list to include your names.

I am scheduled to leave NCal early next week, so am watching the weather very closely. When I read of the largest group of storms in 10 years, wish I could have started South a bit sooner. :(  Am very anxious to get my fire ring repaired and a warm fire built for all of the early arrivals to enjoy.

There are still a few parking spots left, my friends (about 10,999 on last count  ;)) -- so we hope anyone reading this thread can come join us.  :)

We are in Bouse - have been since the first part of December.
It appears that there are far, far fewer people out on Plomosa road than in earlier years.
Are any of you folks in the area yet?

Count us in if you teach us the rules and if you make popcorn !!

Wendy.

You drive a hard bargain, but you're on!!  I'm attaching a set of rules (in Microsoft Word format) so you can learn them beforehand and come ready to play.  ;D 

Aggravation (also called Joker's Wild) can be played with up to 6 people and can be played as couples against couples or 3 against 3 (we usually play men against women when there are 6 of us playing but couples against couples is fun too). 

When are you and Mike (and your dog) arriving?

Attachments

• Aggravation Or Joker's Wild Board Game Rules(Illustrated Version 3).doc
    46 KB · Views: 16
Well, I read the instructions but I think it's one of those games that you need to be shown cuz I don' tthink I could play just from reading the instructions. I assume we'll be playing in "relaxed" mode for those of us who don't know what we're doing??

Wendy

Like you said Karl, you won't be there so we'll have to create our own aggravation  ;D

Clay L said:
We are in Bouse - have been since the first part of December.
It appears that there are far, far fewer people out on Plomosa road than in earlier years.
Are any of you folks in the area yet?

Am hoping to get to QZ by next weekend (12th or so)-- if this storm will ever let up in NCal, Clay. Right now I must drive about 5 miles or so out of my way to even get to the 80 freeway because of downed telegraph poles and wires across the roads. Once I get there I will begin posting names as our forum friends begin to arrive. Some will be there right after the Indio rally . . .

Bob Buchanan said:
Am hoping to get to QZ by next weekend (12th or so)-- if this storm will ever let up in NCal, Clay. Right now I must drive about 5 miles or so out of my way to even get to the 80 freeway because of downed telegraph poles and wires across the roads. Once I get there I will begin posting names as our forum friends begin to arrive. Some will be there right after the Indio rally . . .

I have been seeing pics of you folks getting hammered. Hopefully it will let up and they will get power restored to the 600,000 that don't have it.

I am going into Quartzsite today to get an upgraded main awning installed at Gamblers and of course we are scheduled for showers and wind today....

Clay

I assume we'll be playing in "relaxed" mode for those of us who don't know what we're doing??

Your first game will always be in "relaxed" mode.  After that, majority rules.  The hardest part of this game is remembering to draw a card before you discard.  And in "cutthroat" mode, you lose a turn if you forget to draw a card.  ;D  Actually, we seldom play "cutthroat" mode because someone is always forgetting to draw a card.

Karl said:
Wendy,
You realize you're going to pay dearly for that one. Sometime, somewhere...... when you least expect it! ;)

You don't scare me Karl.....now, that attack cat of yours is another story :) And besides, you're too far away now to do any harm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom