Question about parking and national parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Colorado you must make reservations for the state parks (no walk-ins) and they are often full within the first few minutes they are available (max 6 months ahead for reservations). But Colorado, too, has an annual pass that gives half price camping fees plus takes care of the daily charge for park entry required without the pass.
Do you have a link to the Colorado 1/2-price camping pass? All I can find is the entrance pass. Thanks.

Good to know, have you had any luck boondocking? Just park the RV on national forest land and call it a day?
Many such places have restrictions on camping areas, even with tents & such. The Ocala Nat'l Forest near me (Florida) only allows camping in designated areas, some of which are actual campsites and others just semi-open areas. Too many inconsiderate people has led to restrictions that didn't exist a few decades ago.

Had good results boondocking in western Canada and Alaska and modest results in the western US. Mostly state forests and such. I don't recall any National Parks that allow you to just pull over and camp somewhere, at least none of the major ones (Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion, Bryce, etc)

Do you have a link to the Colorado 1/2-price camping pass? All I can find is the entrance pass. Thanks.

Several other pass types are here, including for disabled vets: Colorado Parks and Wildlife

Boondocking might be fine for a night or two to spread out overall trip expenses, but that's about all my and my DW would care to do. This is especially true in the desert Southwest regions like Moab, UT home to Arches NP and Canyonlands NP. The dust and winds blowing aren't our cup of tea. When we were in that area last May we were fortunate we were staying at an FHU campground, the temp was in the mid-80s but with 40 + mph winds we were stuck inside the rig before and after doing the sightseeing thing around the area and parks.

Whatever rig you decide on make sure you find out the size of the holding tanks, and water tank, how many house batteries it has, and the condition of the generator and size. You may want to investigate the various portable solar options available too, sometimes called "suitcase" solar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyone
Back
Top Bottom