Question on Repair Quality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimbal

Hi all, 
I don't mean for this question to be just another generic "who makes the best" trailer question but rather who pays the most attention to ease of maintenance and repair.  For example - I am sure that removing a holding tank for repair might be relatively easy or an immense pain.  Are there manufacturers known to take repair ease into their design?  Are there manufacturers  that should have? Are there differences in 5vers and TTs in this?
Thanks - Kimbal

In the military this concept is called "logistics support analysis".  I have not personally seen evidence that this concept is practiced in the RV industry to any extent, but my experience is not as broad as some folks. 

I don't know of any manufacturer who consistently makes design decisions that favor maintainability. However, higher end models tend to spend some money on this, providing access panels and shut offs/disconnects to make repairs easier, labeling things so they can be easily identified later, providing more/better documentation with the RV (e.g. wiring and plumbing diagrams), etc.  Beaver has a tradition of this sort of thing and so does American Coach.  But they also can have quite a variety between different models, floor plans and years. Sometimes a particular floor plan leads to some sacrifices in accessibility or whatever. I doubt if any RV manufacturer ever said "we can't build it that way cause it will be a nightmare to service".

All this stuff costs money, so value priced rigs rarely have any of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom