Radio will not turn on 2014 Forest River Silverback 29RE.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Disconnect power/battery and try reconnect. I have had my radio freeze a couple of times and this resolved it (like a reset).

Disconnect power/battery and try reconnect. I have had my radio freeze a couple of times and this resolved it (like a reset).
+1. Radio wire runs with the negative cable of my coach's chasis battery and it's easy to disconnect from the main clamp at the negative pole. Check that it is actually connected and didn't get loose.

On my coach the radio kept cutting out.... Turns out the radio was working perfectly.. the problem was elsewhere. I finally pressed on a multi-pin connector on a relay box under the dash.. Heard the double click of the connector's latches latching.... Yup. fixed. Good quality control at the bulider.

Does the fuse behind the radio have reliable power?
Is there reliable power coming off the fuse box?

The problem may be that you have two 12 volt feeds to the radio.

On my RV there are two. One is to keep the memory and one is to provide power if the ignition is on or acc. The second is needed for the radio to work, kind of like the front TV interlock on some RVs

I am not sure why they do this but the radio will not work if the key is not on.

Look up and get an online manual from the manufacturer and see if you might have this issue.

My radio quit working after a thunderstorm and lighting strike. It took out the fuses to the converter. After finding the converter fuses the search was on for the radio fuse. Finally, I pulled out the radio and took a cover off. Under a wire harness was the radio fuse.

My 2012 Forest River ... radio, only turns on with the remote, never have figured out why.

My radio quit working after a thunderstorm and lighting strike. It took out the fuses to the converter. After finding the converter fuses the search was on for the radio fuse. Finally, I pulled out the radio and took a cover off. Under a wire harness was the radio fuse.
I took the radio out and found two hot wires and they both have 12 volts constant on them. I guess the battery in the remote might be dead it won’t work either. Unhooked the battery and left it unhooked for a while hooked it back up no change still won’t turn on. May have to just purchase a new one some time

I'm not understanding. Why would you need a converter to operate a 12v radio off of battery power? Doesn't the radio run directly off the battery?

So am I thinking right, if the radio has two sources of power coming in and there both good 12 volts the fuse in the control box in the camper has a good 12 volts, the onthink I can think of is the radio has to be bad. Would you all agree with that statement or should I look farther ?

I checked the fuse on the back of the radio, and the 12 volt wire that is also in the feed line. I went ahead and checked all the plugs and the ones that have 12 volt wires going in have 12 volts coming out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garwaldo
Back
Top Bottom