Raised bed gardens using PT wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not to rain on your parade Blue Skies but when painting or staining PT lumber it's best to let it sun dry for a spell before sealing the moisture in. Otherwise, as the copper chromate interacts with the sealer it could take on a milky appearance. In Texas in June that takes about as long as the trip from Home Depot ( not really). In Minnesota it could take a month or so.

Interesting. I'm surprised more people don't know about copper treated lumber. I went to five lumber places and 3 paint stores. Non of them had a clue about it. However, one person did say "oh you mean womanized wood".

I think we'll be okay with the stain since the lumber wasn't recently milled and I chose a solid stain - two coats. It's not looking cloudy now but time will tell.

With Minnesota's short growing season we need to get our tomatoes and cukes in the ground ASAP

Reactions: SMR
Interesting. I'm surprised more people don't know about copper treated lumber. I went to five lumber places and 3 paint stores. Non of them had a clue about it. However, one person did say "oh you mean womanized wood".

I think we'll be okay with the stain since the lumber wasn't recently milled and I chose a solid stain - two coats. It's not looking cloudy now but time will tell.

With Minnesota's short growing season we need to get our tomatoes and cukes in the ground ASAP
No worries, it mostly applies to wet lumber ( it's exceptionally heavy), if it's relatively dry when you select it you'll likely be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom