Range Hood Vent Cover replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul T

My 2006 Four Winds seems to leak around the range hood vent when we a heavy rain.  I have found evidence of this on my counter.  To prevent this I bought a new cover with a rain shield.  It has 4 mounting screws but the original does not have any mounting holes visible.  Thus, I suspect that it has some way of mounting under the flap.  Has anyone got any ideas before I break sommething better left unbroken.

Also, due to this leakage my counter is sporting a couple of bubbles (particle board has swelled).  Any ideas on where I can get a Corian countertop to replace the original one?
Thanks,

PT

I have a 2005 Four Winds, same model number and I'm having the same issues. I've had to tape the outside, but that just creates another situation of not being able to use the stove or oven with the vent on.

Looking for suggestions now too. I purchased a new flapper with a rain shield on it, but it doesn't quite fit, so I'm in the same boat as you.

Same here, with my 2004 4-winds!  I've been covering the vent with white duck tape...not a solution :-S 
Where did you find a new vent cover and rain shield?  I've been looking everywhere...
thanks!

Paul T said:
My 2006 Four Winds seems to leak around the range hood vent when we a heavy rain.  I have found evidence of this on my counter.  To prevent this I bought a new cover with a rain shield.  It has 4 mounting screws but the original does not have any mounting holes visible.  Thus, I suspect that it has some way of mounting under the flap.  Has anyone got any ideas before I break sommething better left unbroken.
Also, due to this leakage my counter is sporting a couple of bubbles (particle board has swelled).  Any ideas on where I can get a Corian countertop to replace the original one?

Can't you install one of these? http://www.adventurerv.net/ventline-range-hood-vent-polar-white-p-30889.html?gclid=CLvGuru7jsACFUoS7AodiSQAFw&utm_campaign=partsfeed_ppc&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=Froogle

Yes I can!  thank you very much!

Does everyone with a Four Winds factory stove vent have this problem?

thank you,
Chris

Back
Top Bottom