re-flooring questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ErinTaverniti

Hello everyone,
We just bought a 2013 Keystone Outback 250rs and we have pulled out the linoleum and carpet due to lots of rodent excrement!! The sub floor looks great and our plan is to do vinyl planks and carpet on the slide that has the dinette. My questions are 1. With the slide, do I need to worry about the thickness of the planks, because they will be thicker than the linoleum that we took out. I have read the importance of using quality planks but they are usually the thickest. 2, Any tips for getting the linoleum out that is stapled to the floor just under the lip of the slide. I read about someone jacking up their slide but won't that mess up the alignment? Is there a lip that can be removed if we take off the black wrap? The picture is to give you an idea of what I am working with.
Thank you for any assistance

Attachments

• IMG_1830.jpg
    IMG_1830.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 13
Slides come in a couple flavors (if yours falls flat to the floor you can bring it in a bit (and then "Tip" it out lifting it an inch or so II'd use a wedge under each end)
You have some "Wiggle" room re-the thickness but I don't know how much

Now.. When I re-did my carpted floor slide out I went with vinyl plank... (Basically strips of linoleum) this worked good save right at the "overlap" I ended carpeting the overlap (Mine was the kind of slide that dropped down flush) I got some carpet runners.cut 'em lengthwise and trim stripped them down to cover the joint.

Hello everyone,
We just bought a 2013 Keystone Outback 250rs and we have pulled out the linoleum and carpet due to lots of rodent excrement!! The sub floor looks great and our plan is to do vinyl planks and carpet on the slide that has the dinette. My questions are 1. With the slide, do I need to worry about the thickness of the planks, because they will be thicker than the linoleum that we took out. I have read the importance of using quality planks but they are usually the thickest. 2, Any tips for getting the linoleum out that is stapled to the floor just under the lip of the slide. I read about someone jacking up their slide but won't that mess up the alignment? Is there a lip that can be removed if we take off the black wrap? The picture is to give you an idea of what I am working with.
Thank you for any assistance
Try and put a piece of new material down and run the slide in. You may have to stand on it to see if it moves. I’m not familiar with a keystone. Is this a trailer?

Try and put a piece of new material down and run the slide in. You may have to stand on it to see if it moves. I’m not familiar with a keystone. Is this a trailer?
Ernie, It is a 25ft travel trailer. I spoke with a flooring guy at lowes, and compared a few different vinyl plank. I ended up getting a box of procore plus luxury planks to test out, so fingers crossed.

You should be able to look. Like Ernie said, move the slide in and take a piece of the plank and try to slide it in. My guess your not going to be happy. On my fiver even the vinyl sheet good got marks in it from the slide room.

I just used a piece of hall runner (clear plastic) as a lubricant whenever I brought the slide in or out. Works just fine and keeps the wheels (or slides) from scratching the floor.

Ernie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom