Re-introduction!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D-n-R

Hello again all you fantastic helpers.  So enjoyed getting back into it and learning from you all that has happened and is new over our abscence on the forum and travel.

So much time has passed.  Death of two relatives and getting all that put to rest.  Thought it had been 2 years since we purchased our 5'er and got to get away for a couple of winter months and it has been 3 years now.  Getting ready to head out of the cold/snow in our area and to warmer parts of the world.

So just wanted to shout out with a HUGE thank you for all the wisdom and time you are willing to share with us a part of the community of those that are still learning and gleaning from the experts!!!!!!!  You are invaluable!!!!!

Am looking forward to getting some help on the way!!!!!!!

Thank you - - look forward in the near future to some recommendations for our trip to Elephant Butte NM. 

Will be leaving from the Deadwood, SD area and so looking for a less messy way around the Denver traffic congestion on I25 if anyone has done that recently!!!!  We plan for the first night in Cheyenne Wy and remember even during a Bronco game and mid afternoon it was almost bumper to bumper. 

Plan to stay south of there in CO the next night and continue on about 200-300 mile per day .  No hurry weather looks to be good for a week or so and that is good!!!!!

Any help out there from the forum helpers would be appreciated!  Thanks in advance

Thank you once again.  Probably should repost the request in the route category!!!!!

D-n-R said:
Thank you - - look forward in the near future to some recommendations for our trip to Elephant Butte NM. 

Will be leaving from the Deadwood, SD area and so looking for a less messy way around the Denver traffic congestion on I25 if anyone has done that recently!!!!  We plan for the first night in Cheyenne Wy and remember even during a Bronco game and mid afternoon it was almost bumper to bumper. 

Plan to stay south of there in CO the next night and continue on about 200-300 mile per day .  No hurry weather looks to be good for a week or so and that is good!!!!!

Any help out there from the forum helpers would be appreciated!  Thanks in advance

Last trip through I just drive I-25 through town. Mid-day during the week and while slow it was too bad, no stop and go. This was last summer.

Alternatives that I've done are the E-470 to the east around Denver, but this is a fairly expensive toll road when billed by license plate photo. You can go on their site to calculate the tolls.

From Rapid City once I just headed down 385 to Sidney, from there south on 113 to I-76west to Brush then south on 71 to Limon, then 24 over to I-25. The good, light traffic. The bad, 71 is a narrow two lane road with no shoulder. This was about 8 years ago. A little further would be to take 385 all the way to I-70 west to Limon. I have driven this, 385 "should" be a better road than 71.

Thank you so much for the input and assistance.  It as 3 years ago that we did I25 so we are looking at all the suggestions.  You all are more than kind with your help.  Really happy I found this organization and forum you all are the best and not too much one can not find at the end of the day!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom