Ready Brake and Chevy Colorado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aalabill7528

I have a Chevy Colorado 4X4 that I will tow four down.

I've had a Ready brake on past Toads.  Getting ready to install on this vehicle.

Anyone do this?  Tips and tricks?  Especially drilling through the firewall? 

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Forum!

As you already know, that is a nice brake system.  As for install, every vehicle is different.  You want as straight a route for the cable as possible.  Other than that, I don't know.

When I've installed ReadyBrake systems, I measure very carefully to insure there are no obstructions behind the firewall that could be damaged by drilling into them. Sometimes brake or fuel lines can be moved out of the preferred location just by carefully bending them off to the side. Keep in mind the cable end that attaches to the brake arm does not have to be directly in line with the arm. Other than that, as Gordon said, try to use the straightest possible path to the front of the toad, but be watchful for exhaust pipes and manifolds that could damage the cable housing from the heat.

How did it go? I’m installing mine tomorrow. A mechanic told me the catalytic converter was too close to the firewall. Did you have any issues.
You may not get a reply. The op hasn’t been back since June of last year. You may be able to send him a PM.

Back
Top Bottom