Rear End Cap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deac3967

Had a little mishap the other day with my 96 Holiday Rambler Endevor LE. Damaged rear end cap and bumper and bumper trim. Got a quote from a bone yard dealer in kY for the parts. A whopping $4000 just parts no shipping does this sound unrealistic. Is this par. Has anyone on here have any experience with this. Thanks in advance.

Expensive, yes. Now the rest of the story. When an RV mfgr. changes design of the end caps the molds are sold or destroyed. Storing them requires too much space. There's now a company buying up cap molds and making them to order, but I forget the name. My front cap is busted, and Progressive says the estimate is too much, they will not pay.
The body shop that gave me the 1st estimate said they have a 2019 MH in their storage lot that's been there for 8 months while they wait for a salvage cap to show up at a salvage yard; meanwhile the MH owner is making payments and keeping insurance while unable to use the MH.

RV salvage yard prices aren't cheap - it's a rare antique market rather than a scrap yard. It's not at all like car junk yards, where there are literally thousands of every year/make/model available.

If the seller is removing the cap for you to buy, that is also expensive and likely part of the price they are asking. You might be able to find a fiberglass shop that could repair the present cap.

Back
Top Bottom