Rebuilding the Ontour 2.2 sink cabinet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Space in a class 'B' is gold and must be used to the maximum. Our Pleasure Way Ontour 2.2 have a very poor sink cabinet design so I rebuilt it. It had one drawer at the top with a large notch taken out of it to clear sink plumbing. The two doors only opened 105(?) degrees so they blocked the isle AND access to the cabinet when open. And the only shelf was the floor of the cabinet. The attached pics show the modifications I made to add shelves and drawers. Because the water pump is at the back of the cabinet I incorporated all my changes into a removable unit not to block access the vitals.

If you have modified the interior of your 'B' to make it more livable please post your changes......let's share ideas !!!!

Attachments

• 200.JPG
    200.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 210.JPG
    210.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 215.JPG
    215.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 225.JPG
    225.JPG
    282.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 230.JPG
    230.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 10
  • 240.JPG
    240.JPG
    261.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 250.JPG
    250.JPG
    293.6 KB · Views: 7
Len,
Looks real good, but you might go to Amazon and search <compact silverware organizer> and pick up some space in 225.
We have a 23' antique A, so I know your problem.
Matt

Len,
Looks real good, but you might go to Amazon and search <compact silverware organizer> and pick up some space in 225.
We have a 23' antique A, so I know your problem.
Matt
Thanks for the tip. That silverware tray is about 45 years old! Started life in our camp kitchen when we tent camped. Then spent the last 21 years in the Green TARDIS (our previous RV) and is truly a "Sacred Cow". :) If when it goes - when - our daughter gets it for the 45 year old camp kitchen......If she doesn't steal first.

RV manufacturers, even good ones such as Pleasure Way, take the cheap way out. I have see the same thing, in fact have that in my trailer, huge open area with two doors. Drawers usually work better than a bunch of wasted space.

Clearly you have very good wood working skills and tools.

Charles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom