recliners for 5th wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carrotski

Hi, we were thinking of getting different recliners for our Big Sky 5th wheel. Any suggestions on where to go look for them?

Do not know your floor plan or layout/space but we just put a Lazyboy swivel rocker recliner in our coach. I like Lazyboy better than most rv furniture or Euro sticks.
Bob

I had the dinette removed when I bought my Class C a couple of years ago, and just put in my comfortable Laz-y-boy from home.  Fits in fine and is very comfortable.  Nice thing about Laz-y-boy brand is that back pulls up and off, so you can fit bottom into the door sort of sideways and then put the back on again.  (Had to slip in one arm, and then tilt it sideways to get second arm in.)  Oh, and mine sits on a plush rug over a foam pad, so it does not do much sliding around, even with a hard stop. 

If you live anywhere near Indiana, or happen to be driving past there, there are several stores around Elkhart that specialize in RV furniture and supply the big manufacturers.  Don't know the names of any, but a quick web search on RV furniture should show you some.  Here is one:  http://www.braddandhall.com/productcart/pc/rv-furniture.asp

We went to a local furniture store and purchased a set of "Theater Seats". 2 seats hooked together with a console in the middle. Power chairs, and the backs remove for easy entry into the rig. WAY less expensive and more comfortable than the RV brands. Give it a try in your neighborhood.

Lazyboy

Measure your space & take tape measure to local furniture store that carries Lazyboy.

Joel

I have a Lazy Boy wall hugger recliner I bought a few years ago and like it except it is a little short for my 6' 3 1/2" frame. :)

We just shop on Craig's  list for used ones,  we got two matching Leather Lazy Boys for $50 each off the same ad.  When they break or get damaged,  its not so painful to just get rid of them and do it again.  There are tons of them listed everywhere.

Tom Hoffman said:
When they break or get damaged,  its not so painful to just get rid of them and do it again. 
LazyBoy mechanism and frame have a lifetime warranty. If they break, you can get them repaired.
Of course if you wear through the fabric or breakdown the padding you can dispose of - expensive to repair.

I learned the hard way that Lazy Boy warranty is not worth the paper it is written on.  If you can prove you purchased it at the store where you ar trying to get it handled, then you are all right, other wise they want nothing to do with you. 

I bought a real expensive Big Mans Lazy Boy from the biggest furniture store in Iowa,  Homemakers,  over $1000  I had to haul it down there 110 miles each wy to get it fixed.  We had a dealer in our home town 8 miles away.  He blew us off, of course we will never buy from him in the future.  Some small business people are their own worst enemy...

Tom,

On the other hand, you don't know how Lazy Boy treats the furniture store on warranty deals. They may take a loss, but figure you bought from this store, so I will help you.  Why should a store that didn't sell you something get shafted on a warranty deal?  That is the primary reason I buy locally as much as possible even if the original price is somewhat higher.  After 42 years in business. I have found that manufactures don't always play fair on warranty deals.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KWKnut
Back
Top Bottom