Recommendation for Electric Tongue Jack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kpgray

Going to replace manual tongue jack with electric. Probably 3500 - 4k.
I think I'd prefer ball screw.
Appreciate any input on which brand and suggestions.

Thanks.

I also replaced my manual with this Lippert. It works fine, but if I had a 'redo' I would find one that the head can rotate. My lippert is just an inch to big of head and it will not allow me to drop my tailgate on my truck. Pretty common problem, so read the comments and decide if that is important to you.

I was also looking at purchasing one of these for my husband for Xmas; how to you determine the capacity needed and height? I don't want to over kill or buy something that won't work.

Do you recommend one that can be used in the event of no power. I can't imagine a scenario - but stuff happens.

I was also looking at purchasing one of these for my husband for Xmas; how to you determine the capacity needed and height? I don't want to over kill or buy something that won't work.

Do you recommend one that can be used in the event of no power. I can't imagine a scenario - but stuff happens.
What year, make, and model trailer is needed to be able to tell you which size jack to buy. They are powered off the battery. So, you don't need ac electricity.

Most of them conme with a crank to use if the motor fails for some reason. The instructions will say how to use that crank. The picture is a typical one of what comes with it.
1667747165159.png

Back
Top Bottom