Refurbishing the 5th wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindesu

We are doing some refurbishing of our 2008, Palamino Sabre.  It's in pretty good shape overall, but we did strip off the decals. We are sanding the oxidation off and putting new graphics on it. Then ends are finished and the entrance side is nearly ready for new graphics. DH is planning to put on new awning fabric. Electric awning is good. 

So, I have an interior question. Hopefully, someone knows the answer. Our spare bed is a tri-fold sofa, double size.  It was of the vintage where they were using the air mattresses.  And, you guessed it, it has a small leak.  I am torn between the following options:  Patching the hole (we have identified it), replacing with a new air mattress (cost a little over $100 plus shipping), or (and I don't know if this is an option), replacing with a memory foam mattress of the same size.  What have been your experiences with each of the options?  We don't use this bed often, but do occasionally and by morning the mattress is getting flat.  Not very welcoming for guests.  Does anyone know if a foam mattress with be able to fit into a bed style like this that was designed for the air mattress?  I would prefer making the switch to foam if it will work.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, answers and experiences!

Susan

I would go with patching it first. As long as the hole isn't along a seam you should be able to fix it.

If the hole is in a nice, flat area, patches work very well.  If the problem area is in a seam, no good DIY way to fix it that I am aware of.  If the problem is NEAR a seam, but you can get a good patch around the hole, especially between the hole and the seam, you should be okay and well worth a try!

I believe the hole is near the nozzle, but far enough away that a patch might work. Maybe a 1 to 1/5 inches away. I need to look at it again to be sure. Not right on the edge of the nozzle and not on a seam.

Back
Top Bottom