Removing AC interior cover on dometic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

Hi, i need to do some sealing up inside my AC with some foil tape and i want to remove my interior cover to do that and also see if it needs cleaning in there.  But how do i get the cover off?  In the pic there are 4 screws once you remove the filter cover (green circle)  i have removed those and that half of the cover is lose but its being held some other way also as the other end is still tight.

The black error looks like a plastic plug but i dont want to mess with it if its not a plug. 

Anyone ever remove thiers and know where the other screws are located on the blow vent side of the cover?

I found it  the beginning of this video...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnoBauJO6xw

But bad news is i found my vibration, the squirel cage is covered in something and its been throwing something againse the shroud (rusty water, oil maybe or bug guts)  Its suppose to be 100 degrees today, maybe i should put it back together and do this another day..

Attachments

• accover.jpg
    accover.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 38
I did try vacuming tyhat cage but it all did not come off, whats the best way to clean it (from the inside of the rv).  Its 430am i have only a few hours to do this before i have to turn it back on.    I also think i need to seal up where my finger is pointing.

see pics..

Attachments

• SANY0001 (Medium).jpeg
    SANY0001 (Medium).jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 23
  • SANY0003 (Medium).jpeg
    SANY0003 (Medium).jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 24
  • SANY0004 (Medium).jpeg
    SANY0004 (Medium).jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 22
  • SANY0005 (Medium).jpeg
    SANY0005 (Medium).jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 24
  • SANY0006 (Medium).jpeg
    SANY0006 (Medium).jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 21
  • SANY0007 (Medium).jpeg
    SANY0007 (Medium).jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 25
Used a back scratcher and a wire brush on a stick, its not perfect but its alot better than it was, at least alot of the fan gaps are cleaned out, maybe it will blow some more air now, and not vibrate.

The 4 corner mounting bolts were lose as well, snugged them up but just snug not tight.

Strange that it uses a rubber squirel cage, i thought most of them were metal.

Often that part that looks like a "plug" is what is called a screw cover.> Guess what is under it.

HOWEVER.. can not be sure.

Sometimes it's a push on pull off peg type mount.. Can't tell you since I don't have one.

YOUR OWNER's manual (Download if you do not have one) May show a photo of the unit dissassembled.

Back
Top Bottom