Replaced carpet and linoleum with vinyl plank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

albrownski

We decided to replace our old carpet/linoleum mix flooring with vinyl plank. All went EXCEPT now the slide, which once slid on some carpet now BINDS & GRABS when we try to bring it in. They tell me that there is no adjustment to raise the slide (2005 Cougar 5th Wheel)

They might, or perhaps something like the thin plastic (flexible) cutting board sheets. We need to know more about how your slide is supported, e.g. does it ride on skids, rollers, or does it float above the floor most of the way in until it gently tips down and rest on its feet. Also, how does the height of the vinyl compare to the previous floor covering? Is it higher or lower?

Is the problem that the slide stops moving and won't go fully in/out, or that it is damaging the vinyl by scraping over it?

Some slide mechanisms are adjustable; others not so much. What brand of slide hardware do you have?

The very small number of slides with which I'm familiar use skis and rollers to support the weight of the slide. These illustrate what I mean. If your rig has them you may be able to see them by looking up from underneath the extended slide. Our rig has skis at each short end of the slides, and nylon or UHMW wear bars installed on the floor, running perpendicular to the ski, to give the ski a surface to ride on and elevate it slightly from the linoleum floor.

Back
Top Bottom