Replacement Heater Core

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

depchief

After all these years the heater core is no leaking. I would like to know of a source to purchase a replacement and a guess what they cost. The replacement is not a rush since we are not scheduling any trips. Would like to get it so I have it and I think replacing it will be in the late spring
Coach is Winnebago 2002 Ultimate Advantage 40J

I called WGO Parts and got a message that they are not selling to owners. Contact a dealer for any parts. I thought that they had started selling some items to owners but guess that changed. I have since found the manufacturer name and serial number of the core but not a model number
SCS is out of business and I would like to find who makes an equal part

I also have noted that people who have replaced the core have installed a ground wire. Guess that helps longevity.

I think you'll find Victory Climate Systems has picked up the old SCS Frigette stuff.

You can get a part number from the Winnebago website and work from there too.

Looking there I see:

103930-01-703 EA CORE-HEATER Vendor #042-0010

The Vendor number does indeed lead to a VCS part if you google it.

(Looks like it pops up at lots of scam/fake looking websites, be careful)

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. I spoke with Victory when I started this search and they where not very helpful. But I will contact them again and give the numbers you furnished. Hopefully they will have the part.
However due to the weather issues in their area I will wait untiil mid next week to try them

Thanks for the reply's Since I have not been traveling I put the job on the back burner. now that it seems the country is opening up I decided to attempt the repair.
I have had the heater by passed for 2 years with a copper U fitting and short pipe inserted into the supply and return hoses.

Are you speaking of the dash heater.. Remove the core and take it to as rebuilder they can renew it for you new core re-do solder joioints with High temp "solder" and so on.. Done that a few times.. Check out radiator shops in area before you pull it.

I have done both older Ford and GM.. Cars. very easy (basically about a dozen easily accessed screws) Today's cars..... Oh my gosh.

Back
Top Bottom