replacing couch with something else???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom said:
Jo-Anne,

That's a gret question and I'll be interested in reading the replies.

One thought that comes to mind is that "RV type sofas" typically have a metal frame underneath and a removable front. Both of these features make it easy to bolt the sofa/bed to the floor. But I assume that they're not all this way.

I would think that if you could get it bolted down tight, it wouild be fine.  My couch is a cloth pull out sofa bed with an air mattress.  I would think it would be fine with cats.  Just keep them from sharpening their claws on it. ;D  There have got to be an RV type sofa that would work for you somewhere that would be easier to bolt down. 

Good luck.

Doug,

This is a picture of the computer desk we had installed.  We have a Scandavian recliner chair and ottoman there too.

JerryF

Attachments

• Desk -10 (Medium).JPG
    Desk -10 (Medium).JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Desk -11 (Medium).JPG
    Desk -11 (Medium).JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Desk.JPG
    Desk.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 54
Hi JoAnne,

If you have a flat floor once the slide is out a regular sofa bed should work. Many times the slideout isn't a flat floor so those units don't work without modification. I've seen some where they attach small blocks of wood to make the foot the same height as the head end.

Thanks for the info everyone.  We do have a flat floor slide.  I'm in Sault Ste Marie Ontario and it is much easier to buy a regular sofa bed than it is to order one ship it from the US here and install it.  Cost would not be any different, neither one is cheaper, just much more convenient.  By the time we order it and have it installed most of the summer will be over.  I think this will require a day of shopping the furniture stores to check on frames and weight of them. ;D  Thanks everyone.  By the way beautiful desk.  I work quite a bit while we travel and that would be up my alley.  Dreams for next years machine!!! :)

Peeta said:
I think this will require a day of shopping the furniture stores to check on frames and weight of them. ;D  Thanks everyone.

In your shopping make sure you take a tape measure with you. It would be a shame to buy a new couch and then find out that you can't get it into the coach.

Doug:

Sorry this took so long, but finally here are the pics I promised.

1 - the two recliners
2 - The ramianing sofa on other side
3 - rear view of recliners.  When underway they stow side by side in the corner by the windows.

Attachments

• P1010147 (Medium).JPG
    P1010147 (Medium).JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 58
  • P1010148 (Medium).JPG
    P1010148 (Medium).JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 50
  • P1010150 (Medium).JPG
    P1010150 (Medium).JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 51
Hi Smoky,

Thanks for the pics.  The furniture looks really nice--it makes me realise that if we got something new in our 17-year-old rig, it would emphasise the fact that we really need to replace all of the interior furniture :eek:.

Also, having looked at pics from various people, seems to me that if you don't have slides (and we don't) your options are far more limited.  Any way my wife says the couch we now have stays.  So, it was a nice little bit of dreaming on my part :).

Ciao,

Doug

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom