Replacing plastic toilet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SUZYQT

My husband and I are big people.  That little short plastic toilet in our new micro Minnie Winnie is just not going to cut it.  :-\  Anyone out there replace it with a porcelain toilet?

The little short ones were meant to be put up on a step, like mine is on step that is actually the black tank underneath hidden by the bathroom flooring of course. If they put the short little one on the floor, then I feel for you, as they are toddler height.

YouTube has several videos on how to install an RV toilet.

Probably too late to mention it now.. but that could have been a bargaining chip when buying the RV, asking the dealer to put a real toilet at the proper height in there.

I've also seen several different types of spaces you can added to the base of the toilet.

I remember one family that made a youtube of their upgraded porcelain toilet which didn't last very long and they ended up going back to a standard RV toilet.

It might help to know the make and model of the toilet and be sure we are not talking about a "porti-potty"  or boat style unit (which often use a platform). At least one manufacturer (Thetford) as a direct replacement chart available on line to make the job easier. The standard height today seems to be about 18".

It is not too difficult to do but the tie down bolt placement between old and new can become problematic if care is not taken beforehand. I replaced the original Thetford Aurora with a Dometic 310 where a combination of the 3" pipe flange used in this trailer and a different bolt pattern was a problem.

We replaced the broken plastic toilet in our previous coach with a Thetford Aqua Magic Style Plus porcelain toilet with a water saver sprayer. The removal/installation was pretty simple. We like the Style Plus so well that when we bought our current coach, I pulled out the perfectly good plastic toilet and installed another Style Plus. The residential height and seat make it just like sitting on a regular residential toilet. The porcelain bowl makes cleaning super easy as well.

The April issue of MoHome has a good article on a toliet replacement. They installed a Domitic 320.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bullfrog1954
Back
Top Bottom