Reservation rule that should be enacted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not a crime to be a no show, but it does show respect for those who wish to use your campsite if you take the time to cancel.
I book well in advance. I have found I have had to alter my travel plans in order to secure a reservation at a less desirable location because every site at my 1st choice was booked.
Come on folks, just because you booked a campsite does not give you the right to refuse that site to anyone else if you are not going to use it. Yes it might give you the legal right but not the moral right.
But the golden rule is lost among many of us. Perhaps just looking out for number 1 is now the norm.

just because you booked a campsite does not give you the right to refuse that site to anyone else if you are not going to use it.

It most certainly does!

Yes it might give you the legal right but not the moral right.

Your morals are not the same as everyone else's. It appears that what you consider immoral is different than others but you are not at liberty to force your morals onto other people.

When the majority of a population in a society agree on a moral it can be made a law. Currently it is not agreed upon that leaving a paid-for camping space empty is immoral and thus it is not illegal.

It's really just about choices. We just started a 4+ month trip, and 95% of all of our stops are reserved. We just like the security of knowing where we are going to be, and what the space will look like when we get there. I know many folks who rarely, if ever want to reserve a site anywhere (my relatives for one). And that's great for them. There is a certain adventure in not knowing where you will be that night.

And sometimes they wind up in Walmarts, truck stops, or road side rest areas and are perfectly happy with it. We are not. So we plan. Sometimes a year in advance, especially on holiday weekends. Now we rarely have to cancel a reservation, but there have been the occasional breakdown that changes our plans. But usually a phone call takes care of that.

But the golden rule is lost among many of us. Perhaps just looking out for number 1 is now the norm.
Is that you or them looking out for #1? Sure sounds like you are only looking at what benefits you. The golden rule is about compassion not hostility.

Make your reservation even earlier and enjoy the less crowded campgrounds. Reserve America and others have an automatic 24 hour cancellation for no-shows. So check the day before and you might get in. But if you park next to me I don't want to hear a commentary about the sins of others. Amen.

It's really just about choices. We just started a 4+ month trip, and 95% of all of our stops are reserved. We just like the security of knowing where we are going to be, and what the space will look like when we get there. I know many folks who rarely, if ever want to reserve a site anywhere (my relatives for one). And that's great for them. There is a certain adventure in not knowing where you will be that night.

And sometimes they wind up in Walmarts, truck stops, or road side rest areas and are perfectly happy with it. We are not. So we plan. Sometimes a year in advance, especially on holiday weekends. Now we rarely have to cancel a reservation, but there have been the occasional breakdown that changes our plans. But usually a phone call takes care of that.

Our travel logistics parallel your own exactly. I probably spend way too much time mapping out our route & stops and making reservations, but it's something I enjoy doing. As a result we have very few "surprises".

Back
Top Bottom