Reviews on RV Parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1PlasticMan1

Anyone on the staff have a website or two that are good to find reviews on RV Parks?  I am using Good Sam and Woodalls (look like written by the same author) as well as Trip Advisor, and don't always agree with their ratings, both good and bad.  Thanks.

The newer campground directory websites (Allstays.com, RVparky.com) also have reviews, and it's always a good idea to check out a couple sources to get an overall idea of what the place might be like.  I also like RVParkReviews.com because it's easily organized into a location database.  But it's somewhat hit or miss on which campgrounds are included, since it relies on users to come along and share the information, i.e. there are a lot of campgrounds potentially not listed in any given area.  That goes back to checking multiple sources when you are researching campgrounds.

scottydl said:
But it's somewhat hit or miss on which campgrounds are included, since it relies on users to come along and share the information, i.e. there are a lot of campgrounds potentially not listed in any given area.

As an admin of RVParkReviews I admit to being a bit biased, but the last time I checked RVPR had listings for >15,000 CG's and RV parks in North America.  I believe that ARVC (the campground owners association) estimate that there are a bit more than 17,000 in total.  IMHO that not too bad a percentage.

Nope not bad at all!  The site has really grown in recent years.  Since it is a crowdsourced type of site though, it depends on individual user input to build the database of campgrounds... vs. some sort of administrative collection of information.  That's what I was pointing out to the OP.

Back
Top Bottom