Revisit reviews for Allstays.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YoBenny

Hi I'm sure it's been discussed before, been looking at Allstays membership and just wanted to get a few opinions about their services. Thanks

Hi I'm sure it's been discussed before, been looking at Allstays membership and just wanted to get a few opinions about their services. Thanks
We signed on for a year and while many seem to find the site useful, personally I just didn't care much for their GUI. Just seem too cluttered for one thing. Again, just my $.02

I much prefer sites like RVParky and Google Search & Maps and occasionally a few other of the main review sites.

I use the AllStays Camp&RV app and I have for years. I love it. It has the widest assortment of campgrounds I have found - boondocking dispersed sites; NPS; NFS; COE; BLM; state, county, and city parks; private parks; lodges; and pretty much any other spots. Their reviews are primitive compared to CampgroundReviews.com. I use AllStays to find alternatives, then CampgroundReviews.com to evaluate the alternatives. I think a new AllStays app purchase is $10, and I can’t imagine why anyone with an Apple product wouldn’t buy it.

I've been using Allstays for many years, and we've been generally pleased, especially with the breadth of information available. We use the Android app, but he discontinued it on Android a little while back, though still runs the web site and the i-Thing app. As jymbee says, the UI isn't smooth in all things, but the convenience of looking up most any camping spot in the country, whether commercial, state/city/Nat'l park, COE, BLM, Walmart parking lot, truck stop, or whatever, and even letting the app place a call to check availability is wonderful.

RVparky is another web site (and they have an app) that does similar things. I've been on the web site a little, and it looks pretty good -- some folks here swear by it.

Thanks for the replies. I use my Iphone for mostly a phone. Use my laptop for most data mining. Screens on phone too small for me I like to be able to see information and a phone makes me feel like Im trying to find it looking through a piece of pipe. When parked I attach a 22" PC monitor to my laptop and bluetooth keypad and mouse, so I want a site that is internet based with a good interface for larger portals. I try to research it out well before making a move so I dont have to stare into a tiny phone screen all the time.

Back
Top Bottom