Rig is level but stove isn't

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

I like to cook, and one of the reasons I chose my current rig was for the huge L shaped kitchen. But if you like to cook nothing is more irritating than a stove which isn't level - put a little oil in a pan and everything runs to one side. That's the case with mine, and I suspect others. When my rig is perfectly level, the stove tilts towards the back, which is the left side of the rig. I even tried setting up the rig out of level to the right a couple degrees, which solved the out of level stove issue. But now with the rig out of level cabinet doors would swing open or closed.

So I began to think of how I could level the stove and came up with an easy and cheap solution. I purchased 16 3/16" flat washers, just large enough to fit around the stove grate legs. I slipped eight around each of the two grate legs on the low side and presto! Level stove.

It's the little things  :)

Attachments

• 7722B6BA-A166-49B6-973D-BB7773696B2F.jpeg
    7722B6BA-A166-49B6-973D-BB7773696B2F.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 1BBDA5B9-F72E-4044-AE74-1C1E9542B171.jpeg
    1BBDA5B9-F72E-4044-AE74-1C1E9542B171.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 40
That's a slick idea.  Your fluids will be level now in the pans, but will the heat be dispersed evenly under the pan?  ::)  I'd take the level pans as you have done.  :)

SpencerPJ said:
will the heat be dispersed evenly under the pan?  ::)   

Re the heat, the angle created is only a couple degrees so not an issue.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
You can shim the whole stove if you like - it just sits on a wood frame within the cabinet.

That was actually my first thought. But then $1.78 and 30 seconds later the job was done. Maybe when I run out of other projects  ::)

Back
Top Bottom