RIP Bob Maxwell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
      We met Bob at a Quartzsite Rally, and renewed our friendship when I became a regular attendee at the virtual campfire that he hosted from its origin until health made it necessary for him to pass the hosting to others.  On numerous occasions, Bob and I would be the first or the last at the campfire, and it was during those one on one chats that I grew to greatly appreciate his whit and charm.
      REST IN PEACE FATHER BOB, YOU WILL BE MISSED BY ALL  One of our schemes was for another attendance at a Q Rally but without RVs.  We had planned on doing so in 2019, but unfortunately his health took a turn and it didn't come to pass for either of us.

Ed

Ned and I spent many visits with Bob and Bev.  He will certainly be missed.  RIP Bob.

Bob and Betty Jolene and I ad a wonderful lunch in Show Low a coupe years ago, we became friends here way back when we first joined up.  Betty, that was news to us, did not realize he officiated!!  That is very cool. 

Bon and I had a nice conversation not that long ago, I am glad we were Abe to.

RIP Bob, Jim Dick must have been waitingfor you.

Posted by Betty on FB:
ROBERT'S OBITUARY
The Rev. Robert Manning Maxwell died Sunday, September 20, 2020, in Holbrook, Arizona.  He was 78 years old.  Reverend Maxwell was born on December 11, 1941, in Laurence, Kansas to his father, Burl Hill Maxwell and to his mother, Bette Floy (Gerke) Murnin. 
He graduated from Elkhart High School in Elkhart, Indiana in 1959.  Following high school, Robert lived a few years in Alaska.  While there, he lived through the devastating 9.2 earthquake that rocked the entire area.  In 1966, he graduated from Asbury University in Wilmore, Kentucky and was also a graduated member of Seabury Western Theological Seminary - Class of 1969, at which time he was ordained an Anglican priest.
His life path took him to many other states where he lived and pastored including:  Kansas, Nebraska, Texas, New Mexico, California and Arizona.  45 years ago he pastored at St. Joseph's Episcopal Church in Holbrook, Arizona, where he served 3 years. 
Reverend Maxwell possessed an incredible sense of humor that was passed down to his children and grandchildren.  He enjoyed pleasant laughter and would lighten a dismal mood wherever he went.  He loved to sing and will be missed a great deal by his family and, in his own words says, he'll "still be riding for the brand..."
He is survived by his wife, Betty Joan Font; children: Jeffrey Andrew Maxwell, David Brian (Dawn) Maxwell, Karen (Chris) Morris; brothers:  Christopher (Nina) Maxwell, Gale Maxwell; grandsons:  Brandon West, Spencer Morris, Ethan Morris; step-children:  Scott (Pilar) Ross, Mike (Laurie) Ross, Jeffrey (Deborah) Font and their children and grandchildren. He's predeceased by a brother, Michael Maxwell and granddaughter, Autumn Maxwell.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.  His family is grateful for friends' prayers offered up in their behalf.

I saw but now can't find, Bobs Memorial will be in Holbrook on 10/3.  Hope we can get clarification.  Not sure we can make it, it is a couple days before our planned passing by the area. 

Anyone else in the area planning on attending?

Here is his obituary page from Holbrook, AZ.

https://www.owenslivingstonmortuary.com/obituary/robert-maxwell?lud=8541434F90A8CF3DD0799B6FC32AE619

OK, Found exact info from itty.

The memorial service for Robert Maxwell is planned for Oct.3 at 3pm at Peace Lutheran Church here in Holbrook.

Sadly and respectfully we will not be able to attend mentioned services in October.

HOWEVER may I suggest that those of us who attend the Quartzsite  2021 Rally, hold our very own "Framily Memorial" for Bob.  Stay tuned !

I'm sure many have memories of Bob to share among RV community!  I'm thinking most of us  hope those "left behind" will  carry our memory forward...so let's do that for Bob Maxwell wherever and whenever we can!
AND this will give us a chance to  acknowledge all those fellow RVers and RVForum members who have passed.

Life is short, so lets  go enjoy our rv life style! 

Jolene and I are now in Holbrook and will be attending, but I strongly support the idea of something to be done in Quartzsite this year.  I will mention this to Betty today.

A short report on the Memorial Service for Bob.  It was very nice, as most know Bob was a minister in the Anglican Church and served as an associate pastor in the local Lutheran Church.  (Conveniently located 1/2 mile from the RV park we are at, coincidentally, we didn't know), anyway, the service traced the Christian Calendar and the pastor would relate how Bob would enjoy and honor the times of the calendar.  1 verse from the appropriate hymn, and a reading.  The whole service was just under an hour.

We saw Batty, just for a minute or two and passed along ours and the Families condolences.

I will hold onto the order of worship for Quartzsite in case anyone would like to see it. 

See you all in a couple months!

Thanks for the feedback.  Many of us who can't make QZ would like to see the order of worship, could you either post here or send it by email?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom