roof leak and tub replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampsauce

hello everyone, my question today is this: got an '86 gulfstream motorhome with a roof leak. it has a metal roof. would it be wise to kool seal the whole thing or just seams? of course i cant find the cause of the leak. no major damage yet. next question has anyone replace the tub. i have a good size crack and it needs to be replaced. is that something i should forget and pay a dealer? thanks for any help.

Yes, you can use Kool Seal to seal the whole thing. Probably easier than just doing eams - or fixing leaks one at a time.

As for the tub, it is difficult to say without seeing it. First problem will probably be to find a replacement - these tubs are not as well standardized as residential models. Do not expect that Gulfstream will be able to provide one - RV manufacurers do not stock vintage parts like car companies do.  You will have to judge how difficult it is to remove and to get a new one into the motorhome to replace it. Measure openings carefully - sometimes the only way to get a large iten inside is to remove a windshield.

Back
Top Bottom