Roof / Top

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blaze379

Hello all, I have a 1995 Rexall Airbus 33'.  It is in wonderful shape, but has never had the roof replaced or anything.  Is this something I should do, or is that something old school?  I have no leaks and roof still seems solid.

blaze379 said:
Hello all, I have a 1995 Rexall Airbus 33'.  It is in wonderful shape, but has never had the roof replaced or anything.  Is this something I should do, or is that something old school?  I have no leaks and roof still seems solid.

If it isn't broke don't fix it.  But reduing the caulk is a good idea.

The only other thing I'd suggest is a good cleaning... To clean a roof, think like this

If you can walk on it, then when you are walking on it it is not a roof, but a floor.

To clean a floor, mop with Spick & Span, rinse let dry.

Just like the kitchen

I use a mop and a bucket for the mop part,  A hose for the rinse part and let dry naturally.  Or Use a MR. Clean car wash thingy to rinse (Drys faster)

As long as there are no worn spots (where you can see the weave of the fabric through the rubber coating) and no "bubbles" (where the material is separating from the wood panels underneath), leave it alone. Just clean it per John's suggestion and check all seams and roof openings, re-caulking as needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom