Rooftop AC replacement.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbuck

First attempt on posting and not very computer savvy.
I have a 2005, Keystone Everest, 5th wheel camper I bought used. The roof mounted AC quit cooling then started tripping a breaker inside the camper. I suspect compressor or condenser so have decided to replace the unit.
My current unit has an infrared remote thermostat, and I cannot see any way to fish and run wires to a wall mount unit, leaving me with only the option of another remote thermostat, I think. I have searched the net for what all I need to install one but can't seem to find what I am looking for, I know I will need the roof unit it's self and the ceiling assembly. Question is what else do I need as far as remote-control system.
Current unit is a Coleman-Mach that is vented to the bedroom and living room, the only printed information I found in the camper was an instruction sheet titled, Chillgrille, Coleman-Mach Air Conditioners, Installation Instructions for 9330A633 Chillgrille, Flush Mount Ceiling Assembly, Infrared RC System. Oh, it also controls the heater.
Thanks, first time visiting but think I am going to like it here. Lots of information.

If you buy the same Mach a/c outside roof unit and gasket set, you should be able to use the current inside ceiling control unit. So, no need to buy a new one. Worst part of the job is lifting the 85 lb. unit up to the roof. I know how much it weighs because I need to replace my a/c.

Sounds like you have a Carrier Air 5.... You may find wires already in the wall.. but where????
Now the good news.
Coleman (AirExcel) units may be able to use the Carrier controls. You need an "Adapt-A-Kit" made by a 3rd party company.. I can not tell you more about it as it was Out of Stock when my #2 Carrier failed...

Another company (Advent Air?) also makes one and they make their own Adapt A Kit.
I recommend the Coleman however Easier to clean when necessary.
I googled "Replacement for Carrier RV Air Conditioners" most of the places suggested Advent Air.
I had both.. one Advent, One Coleman.

Back
Top Bottom