Rt 85 South to Cleveland, Georgia in a Big Rig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Holz137

What are the best/easiest way to get to Cleveland, GA in a big right coming South on Rt 85? Would like to avoid as much mountain driving as possible.

You mean Interstate 85? get off at Exit 137, which is US 129 and follow it all the way to Cleveland.

When you reach I-985 near Gainsville, you will have to make a left turn onto the cloverleaf and head north on I-985 for one exit and then get off and continue following US129. When you get off of I-985 you make a left turn and after a short distance you make a hard right to continue following US129. DO NOT go straight on Business 129! Google Maps is your friend.

Its hilly up there but nothing you would call "mountain driving". What kind of rig do you have?

Note that Google Maps is suggesting that after you get on I-985 to continue north past the official end of 985 and limited access (its US23) until you turn onto state 92 to Claremont where you pick up US129. This route does save some wandering around as you cross the lake, but isn't any shorter.

Charles

1686021242524.jpg

1686021344507.jpg

Last edited:
THANKS Charles for a reply!!! We are in a 40 ft motorhome towing a jeep. We didn't want to run into any hairpin turns or back roads!! Really appreciate your response!!!!

If the road looks squiggly on the Google Maps, just click on the little man symbol on the lower right of the screen and get streetview and then you can "drive" down the road on the screen by clicking the mouse with the cursor placed down the road in the image. You see what the Google street view car saw as they drove along.

Charles

Back
Top Bottom