RV camping near/around Joseph Oregon & Hells Canyon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crouch215

Greetings,
My small group of RV'ers are venturing into Eastern Oregon in August. I have noticed that most of the camping is 1st come , no reservations. I would appreciate any insight as to what campgrounds in the Joseph/Hells Canyon area can accommodate  rv's up to 34 ft. We don't mind "dry camping". Any camping tips for the area would be appreciated.
Happy Travels
Lynnette

Idaho Power operates 4 campgrounds in or around the Snake River which lies between Idaho and Oregon.  We stayed at Copperfield a few years ago and loved it.  At the time the park was first come first serve and reasonably priced.  Likely $20 to 25.00 a night.  The park is maybe 30 miles from a small town which has a decent supermarket and a few other businesses.  If we ever return to the area, we'd definitely return to the park. 

We enjoyed our stay at Park at the River, just south of Lake Wallowa.
Most sites 30amp and its in the trees. Sites are nice, but some are close. The roads twist and can be tigh depending on how people park. That said we managed with a 43 ft motorhome so 34 ft should be easy.

In early October 2007 we stayed at Woodhead Idaho Power Park in Hells Canyon.  We were in space B28 for three nights at $16.00 per night.  All spaces have water and 30 amp electric.  Woodhead is one of four parks they have here at Hells Canyon and is located below Brownlee Dam.  Our RV at the time was a 30' Winnebago w/2 slides and we pulled a toad.  We enjoyed our time there and would go back.  Dick nvrver

Back
Top Bottom