RV carport question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fcranger

I want to have a RV carpot put up for my motorhome to protect it from the weather when it's not in use, Lowes has them on there website I was wondering if anybody has bought one from anywhere else (Homedepot, Truevalue, ACE hareware etc.) if they sell them?

Make sure it's tall enough for your motorhome - typical carports are not unless specifically designed for tall motorhomes. Of course, you can always add extensions to the side supports to rais the roof.

I was looking for one also, and the problem I had was that they were not tall enough at the outside corners due to the roof slope.  the center of the door was OK.  I've gave up for this year. I had thought of a cover, but I use it over the winter, and don't feel like unwrapping it to go somewhere.

Look in the back of some of the RV mags, there are always RV covers with the metalbracing They look like temporary but work.  I used them in ILL for a few years. Finally used it for winter pool cover. Worked good  cause pool was heated and had a diving board.  It was a double for 2 MH.

Lowes has motorhome carports that are 12and an half ft. high, should be enough they are for motorhomes, problem is there are no Lowes around here close. they are around 23 hundred dollars. there is a Homedepot , Truevalue and an ACE close but they don't list any carports on there website maybe I should just go there and ask if they sell them or can get them. :)

Go to HD and tell them you can get this from Lowe's for X $.  Can they meet the price and show them to fact, pics and figures.  I'd almost bet they will beat the price and deliver.

I would avoid any temporary structures. Those are pretty flimsy in a strong wind. A heated pole barn would be a better option.

Back
Top Bottom