RV Custom products battery control - fleetwood - BD relay fuse blowing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dm914

RV Custom Products - CB300D Rev A is printed on the circuit board in the metal housing -  this unit is mounted down above the invertor near the battery box -  it only has a single relay in side the box with four poles -  two of which go onto the CB300D circuit board  ( orange and a blk wire ) -  the coach has two battery cut off switches inside the coach ( one says main battery and one says aux ) 

The problem -  the Fuse listed as BD Relay - which is a five amp fuse continues to blow - it will work for a few hours then pop - when this goes the switch at the front of the coach doesn't function and I loose power to the relay switch at the front of the coach - so the relay fuse must supply power to the on/off switch at the front to operate. 

What should I check first - is this a common issue etc...  I have a volt meter and such so I can trouble shoot given some direction.  Help please !

I understand manuals for these are tough to come by -  would prefer not to have to replace although it's not that expensive of a part ( compared to other motor home bits anyway )

[quote author=dm914]
I understand manuals for these are tough to come by -  would prefer not to have to replace although it's not that expensive of a part ( compared to other motor home bits anyway )
[/quote]

Not tough at all. ;)  Print this DOC for schematics and troubleshooting instructions.

Your board is the earliest release covered by this document so read the troubleshooting instructions and board descriptions carefully.  Some of the features will not be present on your board.  If you have further questions about the BCC operation, just ask.  Maybe you could tell us exactly which fuse is blowing after looking at the documentation.

The disconnect relays (actually solenoids) are the two large mechanically latching solenoids behind the board.  On a Diesel coach, the isolator/aux start solenoid is mounted outside the RV-CP BCC box.  This is done because of the higher current requirements involved with starting the diesel engine via the aux start function.

Good luck, and let us know how it shakes out.

The link no longer works. I need the same info. Is there a new link?
Thanks

Does anyone still have these documents for troubleshooting. Im having trouble getting power to my dash and my electric steps.  96 fleetwood discovery. 

I have the RVP BCC stuff, but that has nothing to do with providing power to your dash or the steps.  Both are powered from the chassis 12v system and battery.  I suggest you start a new topic and describe your power problem.

Back
Top Bottom