RV doorbell security camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

Anyone install a doorbell security camera on their RV so you can see who is at the door or who goes around your RV.

I installed this one. Dirt cheap and works great. I can view it from an app on my phone anytime I want.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076H3SRXG/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@seilerbird -  That is indoor only, did you just set it up inside the window looking out?   

It would be nice to have one that could be mounted outside and then just detatch it if needed while going down the road. 

Problem w the camera sitting indoors behind glass is when it gets dark, all you see is the ir leds. Reflecting off the glass.
I have a ring doorbell, its expensive and you need a subscription to store your videos...the good part is the community aspect of it...

SeilerBird said:
I installed this one. Dirt cheap and works great. I can view it from an app on my phone anytime I want.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076H3SRXG/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So does this Bluetooth to my phone or do I need wi-fi?  Couldn't tell from ad.  thx

djw2112 said:
Anyone install a doorbell security camera on their RV so you can see who is at the door or who goes around your RV.

It's not exactly for RVs but I installed this on mine: Smart Wireless WiFi Doorbell HD Camera IR. Easy fixation on a door, reasonable price and you can see the video from camera on your phone!

I have a Nest Doorbell at the house works great but requires 12V power so if possible, how would one get 12V power in the RV for the Doorbell??

Rob VanVoorhis said:
I have a Nest Doorbell at the house works great but requires 12V power so if possible, how would one get 12V power in the RV for the Doorbell??

I have switches just inside the door for lights. I would tap off one of the switches.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Floss71
Back
Top Bottom