RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 12-19, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photog said:
Thanks Mike.  It is on Fins & Things from right above the arch.

I should pay closer attention.  I have done Fins & Things many times and don't recall that view.

Mike.

Here is some pics from Klondike Bluffs & Tiptoe Behind the Rocks.

Attachments

• Klondike Bluffs 2013-031.JPG
    Klondike Bluffs 2013-031.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Tiptoe Behind Rocks 2013-033.JPG
    Tiptoe Behind Rocks 2013-033.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Tiptoe Behind Rocks 2013-037.JPG
    Tiptoe Behind Rocks 2013-037.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 42
I don't intend to hijack this thread but I recently upgraded my toad from a 2011 Chev Malibu to a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport.  We want to visit Moab and several other parks out west either this fall or next spring.  Are there any Jeep trails that we can do without risking life and limb?  I love the pictures of the rock crawling but I'm not sure I wouldn't prefer to watch rather than participate.  Again, sorry for the hijack.  Maybe next year we can join you for the Moab rally.

Thanks.

There are plenty of places around Moab (and other desert sites, too) that don't require the extreme equipment and knowledge/experience shown above. At both Quartzsite and Moab, I've taken my stock 2003 Wrangler Sport on trips led by Terry and Frank with, at worst, one or two spots that required more than just drive over it (still mild). I've also been on some others without those folks that were even milder, yet you'd be hard pressed to do in a regular car.

Once the 4-wheel club thing is over, I'd think Terry and/or Frank (perhaps someone else, too) would have some gentle 4WD trips scheduled. You shouldn't have any trouble with your new acquisition, just be sure to listen to what the more experienced folks suggest -- they deal with new folks all the time.

Try looking up at Amazon the Book "Guide to Moab UT., Backroads & 4 Wheel Drives" That's what I am bringing with me . Easy,mild and difficult trails. Yes! Terry and Frank will take you on lots of trails. Here is one with my stock jeep in Death Valley.

Attachments

• Echo+Canyon+Jan+31,+2013+1-062(1).JPG
    Echo+Canyon+Jan+31,+2013+1-062(1).JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 41
    Last year's Moab Rally had lots of rides that you would not have felt uncomfortable about taking your Jeep.  We took our stock Liberty out every day, and never felt uncomfortable.  Wendy & Mike lead us to Spring Bottom Canyon in their stock Classic VW Beetle, we lead a group up through Gemini Bridges, and back down via Long Canyon.
    The 8,000 mile trip home from Florida is a bit too much to do every year, but we intend to do it again next year.

Ed

Fabulous weather! Glad we came in early! Ken and Sheila beat us in from Blanding, and Henry and Margaret (get well soon!) are right behind us (somewhere). Christi parked the car in Ernie and Tara's slot (bad Christi!) while we were docking as they slid in right behind us. Sweet new rig!

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

The rally is starting to come together!  Welcome Kim & Christie and Ken & Sheila!!  We already had lunch with Kim & Christie at the Moab Brewery. I broke off from my diet a little to have Fish and Chips. Yum!  I did substitute onion rings for the "chips" though. Very good onion rings there.
++Larry

We should be there early afternoon tomorrow.  I just got the Jeep loaded in the trailer and hooked up to the coach.  I will give it a wash job tonight and we are ready to hit the road.

Mike.

Thanks for the information and I'll look for the book that was mentioned. I've done a lot of off-roading in the woods of east Texas but thats a far cry from rock crawling.  Y'all have a fun time at the rally.

North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado...... 

We have been searching and searching, and we think we have it figured out now!

We are in Grand Junction tonight, planning to arrive in Moab tomorrow afternoon.

Looking forward to joining y'all.......

Don and Mary Ann

Just ran into Frank Weimart and he and Barb have been flu victims (eeeewwww!!!) all week. Frank must be on the mend because he was headed to gets some ribs!!

You cannot keep good people down!  ;D

Let the games begin!

We can't leave So Cal until 5pm tomorrow.  Going to drive to Vegas and spend the night at our son's house there.  Then get up Monday morning and drive to Moab.  Unfortunately, we won't get there till around 3:30pm Monday afternoon.  :(  There is no having too much fun  :eek: until we get there!

Steve & Dee

gmsboss1 said:
North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado...... 

We have been searching and searching, and we think we have it figured out now!

We are in Grand Junction tonight, planning to arrive in Moab tomorrow afternoon.

Looking forward to joining y'all.......

Don and Mary Ann

Talk about taking the scenic route......

Just had happy hour with Larry and Loretta,we will be heading out tomorrow for the final 75 miles to Moab. Larry has brought his Harley and he is looking forward to some bike runs. Fish & Chips sound good after all the meals Marie Callenders has been cooking for us.

We are in Blanding tonight and can't wait to meet you finally tomorrow. We should arrive about 12 noon. :)

The FMCA Four Wheelers are almost finished with their Moab week and tomorrow the RV Forum moves in for our week of fun and adventure.  Here's the latest list of attendees - at least the ones I know about!  ;)  See you all tomorrow!

RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 12-19, 2013 ATTENDEES BY NAME

Belikoff (Kathy & Larry aka DakotaRed), site R-56
Bertram (Christi & Kim aka Skyking4ar2), site M-16
Borowski (Janette aka Bunky & Chip aka Falconhunter, site M-14
Brewer (Betty & Terry), site 4
Dodd (Loretta & Larry aka THE-BigLarry), site R-48
Falchini (Dee & Steve aka Steve N Dee), site M-34
Ferguson (Coleen & Gary aka Taoshum), site 17
FitzGerald (Ardra & Jerry), site M-13
Kuch (Sheila & Ken), site M-15
Marabito (Shirley & Ron), site ?
Nesbitt (Mary Ann & Don aka Gmsboss1), site M-33
Perez (Virgie & Fred aka fperez7802), site ?
Pestes (Patricia & Dale aka NJNDale), site M-27
Roscoe (Corinne & Bill aka Photog), site R-53
Sherow (Debby & Randy), site M-32
Stiskala (Olga & Jan), site R-32
Weimert (Barb & Frank), site 5
White (Tara & Ernie), site M-31
Wishard (Margaret & Henry), site R-48
Zueck (Chrystal, Mike aka ZMotorsports & Jared), site R-54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom