RV nicknames?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We've also been thinking of names for our new FW and truck.  I wanted Fred and Ethel but got out ruled. I'm thinking I might just see what my grandkids say when they first take a look. 

We call our MH "Beast". No particular reason except that's what my wife and, now the grandkids, call it because it's BIG.

The Mothership , since we're always heading back to it after our outings.

And for you trekkies out there- yes my wife and I avoid wearing red shirts during excursions.  ;)

Chuck

Pumpkin...actually, Lil' Pumpkin since the 1st Pumpkin was a 32' class C and we now have a 24' class B.  The name comes from the MH being the DW's coach like the one from Disney's Cinderella.

Attachments

• pumpkin_coach small.gif
    pumpkin_coach small.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 8
For the first ten months of ownership we called ours "that F___ing Bus" (because of the inability to keep the generator running for very long.)

Since the generator got fixed finally, we now call it the McMansion and we LOVE it.

We just got ours and have it parked in our pasture as we work on it in preparation for workamping in a couple of years.  Because we have extras currently living with us, I go out to it as often as I can.  My nickname for it has been The Oasis.  And for me, even without traveling yet, it is my "oasis"  ;D

Out TT is named Hampton because before we got it, we spent a lot of time (and money) at Hampton Inns when we traveled. Now we take our own "Hampton" with us on our adventures.

The Queen's Barge.  Ark Royal was already taken...

And the toad is The Queen's Dinghy. Say it out loud. LOL

Since our TT was made by Lance and has "Lance" on it in big letters, that name was inescapable.  Then our wonderful TV became Lot so we could travel with/in Lancelot.  Nickname for the TV is Lotty. I had never named things before, but it seems so many things here are nameable: the hitch is by Blue Ox so it's the "Ox," the screen room by Clam Corporation is the "Clam.  It's fun and it's convenient.

My wife and I are big Hopalong Cassidy fans so we named our TT "The Bar 20". For non-Hoppy fans, that's the brand he worked for.

I named our Holiday Rambler Scepter (40 ft) The Beast! Last year we pulled a 24' car hauler behind it so I thought it was  fitting! We have trimmed our length down this year by putting our cute little Jeep 4-down and no more trailer but the name has stuck so we now have "Beauty and The Beast!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardp
Back
Top Bottom