RV PARK LOCATED NEAR LOS ANGELES???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arnoldccc

Hello, Wondering if anyone can help me.  Would anyone know an RV park located near enough to Los Angeles where I can pull my 34 foot RV into and stay for 6 months to a year.  It would have to be close enough to the city so that I may be able to work there during that time.  I have one son and one well trained non barking German Shepard dog in my RV with me. I figure my son would work his business from the RV and I would travel back an forth into the city for greater pay.  The plan here is to pack money away while working in the city while having low RV expenses as compared to buying a house or getting an apartment. We love the RV and would not wish to put it in storage.  Love the RV, its like "Das Boot".  My own submarine on wheels.  I started full timing about a 5 months ago and love it.  Would never go back to mowing a lawn. 

Hello, Wondering if anyone can help me.  Would anyone know an RV park located near enough to Los Angeles where I can pull my 34 foot RV into and stay for 6 months to a year

I fear that "Los Angeles" is about 80 miles across in any direction and takes about 2 hours to transit -- out of rush hour.

There are a number of parks on the fringes, in Sta. Clarita, Pomona, Orange County and a few in the San Fernando Valley.  There are a few mobile home parks scattered around in the Basin but no trailer facilities iirc.  There is a RV park at Malibu on the Pacific Coast Highway, but their mobile homes have an asking price of over $1,000,000.

You gotta narrow down your location I fear.

Thanks very much for your reply.  Im looking for an RV near or close to Santa Monica.

arnoldccc said:
Thanks very much for your reply.? Im looking for an RV near or close to Santa Monica.

That is tough.  I live in the area and I know of no long term park there.  The nearest one is that $1,000,000 per site park in Malibu but that won't help you I suspect.  Otherwise the nearest seems to be the Birmingham RV Park on Balboa Blvd at Sherman Way in Van Nuys -- 818-785-0949.  After them would be the parks in Valencia, CA at the north end of the San Fernando Valley.

If you would work in Santa Monica, you should resign yourself to a tough, 10 mile commute on the San Diego Fwy (I405).

Sorry I do not have better news. :(

Carl, Thanks for your help. Malibu would definitely be out of reach.    :)  Seems there arent too many RV parks around there. Maybe Ill try and access from the North West up around Van Nuys or so.  Im looking to Work in Hollywood in film. Not as an actor but in grips, or lighting. One of those types of jobs.  I figure I can go back and forth and work my mail order business from the RV which would be posted somewhere outside of Hollywood.  I fugured Santa Monica would be a nice place but I guess I have to reevaluate and adapt to a different area.  I live in Florida (New Port Richey) but have taken my first few 500 mile excusions while getting used to the RV I bought about 5 months ago.  I ready to a cross country and hopefully bed down for a year in CA.  Its so hard figuring out things when you live 2400 miles away and dont know what you are running into on the other end.  Ive been to Santa Monica and Hollywood once about 2 years ago and liked it. Figured it would be a nice place to a spend a year and then reevaluate.  Thanks again for your help as I realize most people are trying to get away from the city and not close to it.  Sincerely, Jeff

I don't know if this will help, but we just got back from a 7 week trip around the country and, of all the places we stayed, one of the nicest was Orangeland RV Park in Anaheim.  Don't know if its location suits you and they might not have attractive long term rates but it's a great place and free WiFi.

Im looking to Work in Hollywood in film. Not as an actor but in grips, or lighting. One of those types of jobs.  I figure I can go back and forth and work my mail order business from the RV which would be posted somewhere outside of Hollywood.  I fugured Santa Monica would be a nice place but I guess I have to reevaluate and adapt to a different area. 

Well why didn't you say!  There is only one studio in Hollywood itself -- Paramont.  Culver City has Sony/Tristar/Columbia.  Warners, Universal, Disney, NBC and ABC are up in Burbank.  Fox is in Century City.  You should be able to pick out the locations on a decent map of Southern CA.  Location work, is of course, done all over town.

Hope you have a union card in one of the trades.

Anything in the Carson, CA area.  Specifically near Home Depot Center?

Back
Top Bottom