RV Parks near Colonial Williamsburg???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JudyJB

I am considering a visit to Jamestown and Colonial Williamsburg, VA. in the fall, probably in late September. The East Coast always is a problem for me because I prefer staying in state, national, and county campgrounds. I travel alone, and am an older woman, so I don't need playgrounds, pools, or a bunch of activities. What I do like is a fairly quiet place without being too close to my neighbor and being able to get my satellite TV and Verizon cell service. (I saw one KOA near there that charges $80 per night--way out of my budget!) Commercial campgrounds are OK, but I don't want to pay for the things like hot tubs and kids activities that I don't use. I assume I will have to drive to get to Williamsburg, but am not sure where I will park when I get there, since driving means taking my motorhome with me as I don't tow anything. I do see a bus parking lot, which might allow motorhome parking. I will have to call them.

So, any suggestions for any place less than an hour's drive from Williamsburg and Jamestown??

It's a family camping destination, so probably most CGs in that area are more "resort" oriented. Have you looked at (and maybe already rejected) any of the ones listed for that area? Like maybe one of these?

There is a state park called Chippokes Plantation in that area.

Last edited:
It was a number of years ago, but we stayed at a municipal park in Newport news simply call Newport News Park. I'll attach their URL. It would be about 12 to 15 miles from Colonial Williamsburg and decent roads.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom