Rv shows with no actual RV's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephen44

So I've always enjoyed going to RV shows - but now I've actually pulled the trigger on my ultimate RV (that I could afford) - looking around actual RV's no longer holds the interest it had - maybe I am to scared I will find a better deal  ;) . Sure you sometimes see an innovation that you could build into yours - but normally not so much of interest.

What I would now like to see is all the add-on/upgrade vendors - in this economy so many people are remodeling rather than upgrading you would think there would be a need for this - at the shows there are never many or they are tucked away - I would like to see more. Even if  you look at the really large shows - there are really not that many - the  Quartzsite show proudly boasts 69000 sq feet - but that is actually only a 264 x 264 foot area - actually not that big - at the local shows there are practically none - or it is Camping World (nothing wrong  with CW - just seen it all) .
Some of the items I would love to buy at a show and save the shipping costs on the larger items - some of the items I just need to 'feel' before I buy.
Anyone else feel the same or can recommend a show (I'm in Virginia) that proves me wrong - I guess Hershey comes closest.

Stephen

stephen44 said:
Anyone else feel the same or can recommend a show (I'm in Virginia) that proves me wrong - I guess Hershey comes closest.

We went to the Hershey show a couple of years ago and I was not impressed with the add-on/upgrade vendors that they had, slim pickins if you ask me. The RV Show in Cleveland at the IX Center has allot of vendors but unfortunately we will miss it this year since it is held in January and we are in Florida. The only other place I can think of, you mentioned, is Camping World, that is if you can find one that is nothing but, as in no RV dealer attached. We had one in Ohio that shut down that was like going to Home Depot for RV's, haven't seen one like it since. Good luck with your search.

Scott's right - schedule a trip to the Elkhart, Indiana area.  There's several RV surplus stores in the area that have just about everything you'd need for remodeling.

stephen44 said:
So I've always enjoyed going to RV shows - but now I've actually pulled the trigger on my ultimate RV (that I could afford) - looking around actual RV's no longer holds the interest it had - maybe I am to scared I will find a better deal  ;) . Sure you sometimes see an innovation that you could build into yours - but normally not so much of interest.

What I would now like to see is all the add-on/upgrade vendors - in this economy so many people are remodeling rather than upgrading you would think there would be a need for this - at the shows there are never many or they are tucked away - I would like to see more. Even if  you look at the really large shows - there are really not that many - the  Quartzsite show proudly boasts 69000 sq feet - but that is actually only a 264 x 264 foot area - actually not that big - at the local shows there are practically none - or it is Camping World (nothing wrong  with CW - just seen it all) .
Some of the items I would love to buy at a show and save the shipping costs on the larger items - some of the items I just need to 'feel' before I buy.

Stephen

What kinds of "larger items" are you looking for?  What kind of a coach do you have (Class A, 5th wheel, etc.)?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hassoalbert
Back
Top Bottom