RV STORAGE Suggestions - Fort Worth / Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stanski

Hello Everyone, A UK Couple needing guidance on how to find storage for 2 months.

6 months ago I contacted this Forum for assistance on Travelling USA and how to bring our own motorhome/RV with us.

Well we made it, shipping was 18 Sep from UK, eventually getting the vehicle At Baltimore 10 days later than expected on 13 Oct.
A hurried journey to Austin, to get to the F1 Grand Prix was achieved, since then we have zigged zagged across the lower southern States, from Mississipi, to New Mexico up to Oklahoma, and back into Texas.

After a frantic 5 weeks touring, we have managed to get ourselves just North of Dallas, with flights booked for 22 Nov 2022 from DFW.

Our need is to find storage for 2 months, for our 20ft Class C motorhome near to the airport, or light rail express train.
We will begin making enquiries tomorrow by generally knocking on the door of the locations.

So our request from the members is for any suggestions.
We are using WiFi, where we can get if, so apologies for slow reactions, as often only night time do we have it.
Thanks
Stan and Bernie

A lot depends on what you want in a storage location and what you are willing to pay.
National Indoor RV Center Phone: (469) 277-1330
Absolute Self Storage
Phone: 214-617-9170
Email: [email protected]
5656 Military Parkway
Dallas TX 75527

Keller RV Storage East
4520 Keller Hicks Road
Fort Worth, TX 76244
Phone: 817-337-5554

United RV Fort Worth​

5100 Airport Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76117
Call or Text: (817) 834-7141

Airfield Boat and RV Storage
10114 Clark Airfield Rd,
Justin, TX 76247
(817) 875-2886

Hi Kirk,
Thanks for quick response.
We had searched for RV storage using Google, just not familiar with process or locations, so seeking any guidance and local knowledge to aid us.

Our need is for a short term stay, and wanted advice if cover was needed, as the weather currently is chilly.
Not confident if there is other considerations to be taken

For me a Farm Barn beside the airport would be suitable, but others may advise otherwise.
Stan

We live in a suburb of Dallas and our RV is stored in a commercial storage lot. We have a small travel trailer that is 10 years old and it is in a paved lot but not in the covered part. The lot we use has a security fence and cameras and the manager lives onsite, but it doesn't have other security. The rental is currently $100/month for our lot and a covered spot is $150/month. The location is about 50 miles from the D/FW airport and 35 miles from Love Field. It is also just over 15 miles from our home but as you get closer into the city the price for storage rises significantly and most of the closer lots also have a minimum time of rental or some type of deposit that the one we used doesn't have. Also closer to the city most lots charge more for larger lots than small and access to the lots is more difficult because they fit more lots into the availble land and so have much narrower streets than where we are.

As an example, Dallas RV Parking & Storage is about 25 miles from D/FW airport and as you can see from the website, rates vary by size and none of them are covered. As far as finding a barn to park in next to the airport, the nearest farm to D/FW Airport is probably at least 50 miles and I have no idea how you would find one. There is no farm land anywhere close to that airport, which was opened in 1974 and has expanded several times since. If you are looking for something that will allow you to walk from the storage to a place to get transport to the airterminals, I really don't think that such exists.

Where it's not that big can you use long term parking at the airport?
That may not be a bad plan but you need to be sure that the lot staff know that your RV will be there for an extended time and also give some thought to what could happen if for some reason you don't get back as soon as you plan.

You should check your insurance cover as we needed to have secure gated area with cameras when unit in storage.

Great info everyone.
Most now resolved.
Have got storage in a 9ft x 32ft shed, at a nearby yard, in town of Carrollton (or near it).
Monthly rental of $135.
Waiting for email with entry instructions.

RV resort was very helpful in getting hold of them.
Fuller details will follow.

All change - storage booked out, I got cancellation just a moment ago.
Still looking.

Also discovered ceiling height was smaller than told, hence the lower price.
Only a few covered units available in around Carrollton, some are only 8ft tall, suitable for cars only.
Still looking.

Monthly rental of $135.
That would have been very low for fully enclosed in this area.
I got cancellation just a moment ago.
Since it is too small, that is a good thing. If you go with some private home to store you should check both the owners and your insurance for what happens if the facility is destroyed with your RV inside.

A worrying few hours when enquiries revealed no suitable storage, or too far away for easy transfer to the DFW airport.

Fortune awaited us - We have now reserved a 12 x 25 covered store at Lewisville, met with the staff at the office and sorted it for Monday.
A very secure and relatively new/modern storage area.
Once finalised will provide more details.

Thanks to those who responded to my plea for knowledge and advice.
Stan

You should think about winterizing your RV. I live near Houston and we had an extreme freeze last year. DFW area is much colder. Buy RV antifreeze at Walmart and protect your tanks and plumbing. It is obvious that you are very resourceful people.

Thanks for advice, happen to have a Walmart Pertone antifreeze concentrate awaiting on the RV floor - bought it 2 days ago at Tulsa.

Just need to remedy water pump leak if possible.

All good for soul this travelling lark.

Thanks for advice, happen to have a Walmart Pertone antifreeze concentrate awaiting on the RV floor - bought it 2 days ago at Tulsa.
Make sure that it is the RV type of antifreeze as the automobile type is poison. Prestone sells both kinds. I do agree that you should winterize the RV as we can get well below freezing for extended periods of time. That doesn't always happen but unless your RV is in a heated space it can and probably will happen.

Good advice from Kirk. Plumbing antifreeze is usually pink. while the ones for motor use have different colours.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom