RV Tire providers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hadn't heard of that site, so I took a look.  Thanks for posting it.  Looks like I could get a set of Yokohamas for under $3k installed.  Reviews on that brand that I could find seem pretty favorable.  I'm due for new tires before we hit the road again next year (not going anywhere right now due to Covid).

I am also tire shopping, and have done some price comparison, at the moment at least on the tires I have looked at the big winner on price seems to be speedytire.com , I have exchanged a couple of emails with them asking about local pickup, as their headquarters are in my home state.  From their reply it seems they are just a tire broker and tires are drop shipped from various supplier warehouses.

There is really no such thing as "RV tires" most any tire shop can and will provide the tires your RV requires.. It's all about shopping around,, online cost savings are offset be shipping and minimum purchases..>>>Dan  ( Shopping at your local dealers also has the advantage of working with them for the latest manufacturing date codes available..)

chindog said:
I hadn't heard of that site, so I took a look.  Thanks for posting it.  Looks like I could get a set of Yokohamas for under $3k installed.  Reviews on that brand that I could find seem pretty favorable.  I'm due for new tires before we hit the road again next year (not going anywhere right now due to Covid).

I checked further, as Chindog mentioned 6 Yokohama?s for under $3,000.  All tires are current new manufacture dates, they replace all valve stems, install & balance tires (included in price) plus currently offer on site installation for free, normally $99.00

Utclmjmpr said:
There is really no such thing as "RV tires" most any tire shop can and will provide the tires your RV requires.. It's all about shopping around,, online cost savings are offset be shipping and minimum purchases..>>>Dan  ( Shopping at your local dealers also has the advantage of working with them for the latest manufacturing date codes available..)

Except, when we have no "local tire dealer" willing to order for us and work with us on mounting and installation, etc.  In which case on-line is a great option; I have two shops that can deal with the tires I buy and mount them, I use and standby balance beads for the balancing aspect of my new tires.  I have had my TOYOS for 3 years now, and 20k miles, without issue; mounted by a local mechanic.  I did the install on the MH.  And, if you shop around some on-line places run specials on NO shipping for 4 or more tires.

Depending on the specific size, I would think you could buy 6 large Yokohoma tires most anywhere for around $3000. Or Sumitomo or Hankook or even Toyos for that price.  For example, I paid $510 each for Toyo 295/80R22.5 at a local commercial tire dealer and 295/80's are a higher priced size than the more common 275/70.

It really depends on the local market conditions. And size, of course. As reference, I got 6 Toyos installed (M154; 245/70R19.5) for $3,000CAD (about $2,300USD) at a local tire shop, earlier this year. They've been great, so far, except for the funky sulphur-rubbery smell when brand new. (Now it's less intense).

I bought 275/80R 22.5 load range "H" Continentals through the FMCA program for $505.00 each out the door. When you are comparing prices make sure you are including all the addon fees and make shure the date codes are new. I wouldn't settle for anything over 6 months.
Bill

I found a Goodyear place near me that did trucks and buses. They would have allowed drop shipment of any tire I wanted. Eventually let them source a pair of Continental Class Gs for the front at like $380 each.  Installation and a wheel alignment that included shimming (my alignment was way out) got me out the door for a skosh less than $1000 including Uncle DeWine's share...

The brochure says his 2017 Navigator XE uses 255/70R22.5 tires.  Besides Michelin, there are excellent offerings in that size from Bridgestone, BF Goodrich, Firestone, Yokohoma, Toyo, Sumitomo, Kumho and Goodyear.  You may not be familiar with all those brand names but all are internationally respected and definitely not cheap China bombs".

I have no reason to discourage you from using an online tire discounter such as motorhometires.com or simpletire.com or tires-easy.com, but it's often easier and no more expensive to use a local commercial (truck) tire shop to source one of the lesser known brand names. Shop around a bit before you decide.

Why would ANYBODY want to pay over a grand per tire? I have Bridgestone R238's on my rig for $350 each.
One place you DO NOT want to shop is rvtires.com - They aren't a legit compnay, just some guy in his garage playing middleman. They do not stock, order, ship, handle or do anything with tires, they just claim to. When you ask, they tell you the shop orders the tires, the shop installs the tires, the shop does everything. All Kyle does is call shops, just like you can, to find somebody interested in selling you a tire. Bad company, no value.

In 2017 I bought 6 new Sailun 275/70R22.5 LR H tires; including mounting, balancing, Installation and all taxes for $1,380.
Now that they are becoming more well-known the pricing has risen approx. 1/3. They are made in Vietnam to Michelin standards (with the exception of no sidewall cracking).

Most Cooper tire dealers also sell Sailun tires.

I went with Continentals and had them drop shipped into the Goodyear dealer. I am not the kind of guy that "needs" super tire performance that the expensive ones claim to have. I figure they are going to time out before they wear out so why mortgage the farm for RV tires?

I ended up getting out of it for about $1500 (fronts only) which included tires, mounting & balancing beads and a wheel alignment including a shim rearrangement that was necessary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom