Salton Sea Stay recently?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

I am curious about going to the Salton Sea for a couple weeks. Anyone been there recently? How is it faring? Safe? How about the ill- err undocumented southerners? Wondered if this would be a gathering place, or would those folk just avoid it.

I am curious about going to the Salton Sea for a couple weeks. Anyone been there recently? How is it faring? Safe? How about the ill- err undocumented southerners? Wondered if this would be a gathering place, or would those folk just avoid it.
This full-hookup place on the NE side? Last December I tried to stay there but the park was closed because of COVID making all the RV parks in the area packed.

I assume it will be open and okay these days.

SaltonSea.jpg

-Don- Auburn, CA

How about the ill- err undocumented southerners? Wondered if this would be a gathering place, or would those folk just avoid it.
Since they're presumably coming across the border for a better life, I would think they would avoid the Salton Sea.

There is some good hiking in the area but not at the sea itself. There are some decent campgrounds at the south end area and some cool canyon hikes with water. Interesting area. Lots of poor folks. Some interesting aboriginal sites to visit as well.

Up north of Joshua Tree, I saw a flyer on a bulletin board advertising a house for sale on the Salton Sea that included this proviso: "It's not as bad as you think."

Gee, that place must really suck.
The west side is a dump. So is the southeast side, especially Bombay Beach. The Northeast side where the full hookup state park is located ain't bad at all. That's where the photo in message number 3 was taken.

-Don- Ashland, OR

There are a couple of large resort-like RV parks and spas few miles inland from Bombay Beach, clustered around the hot springs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom