Salvage steering column help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jhdavis6

Hi there members! Hoping someone can help me with this question. I have a 1999 damnon intruder and I’m looking for a salvage steering column. I’ve tried all my resources and I’ve come up empty. I am trying to find out what years and models e.g. Challenger, ultrasport, daybreak, share the same component assembly. Any ideas? thanks in advance.

Hey Dutch! I left from NY three years ago!

thanks. Gotten a pretty speedy education on this. I’d like to reserve a place in heaven for the folks at Steeringcolumnservices.com

Stearing columemwill bemsupplied by chassis mfg. So figure out what chassis you have and go fro there.
BTW why do you need a new stearing colume? Pretty basic part shat should be easily repaired.

Stearing columemwill bemsupplied by chassis mfg. So figure out what chassis you have and go fro there.
BTW why do you need a new stearing colume? Pretty basic part shat should be easily repaired.
Hi Donn. Thx for the reply. I’m a newbie mechanic and believed the TWO repair places I went that I needed to find a salvage column since the existing one has failed. Sweated it out, looking for a week. Finally found steeringcolumnservices.com, who quickly diagnosed upper bearing failure, identified the OEM manufacturer part, and shipped me a reconditioned one. I won’t breathe easy until it’s in place and works, but looking good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom